Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-18-2010, 01:30 PM
iPad

Default Defender Chronicles HD - by Chillingo

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
Join the fight in this gorgeous, full HD Tower Defense RPG. Blending all the best elements of a challenging defense game with the engrossing story and character building of an RPG, Defender Chronicles HD is not to be missed.

AN EPIC AND ENCHANTING STORY
With over 20 different types of units with distinct abilities and style, Defender Chronicles HD creates a deep and engaging story while keeping up the ferocious action of true Tower Defense game. Defender Chronicles HD has 5 difficulty levels and 5 game modes, plus an Endless Mode for those of you out there who can handle it! An extremely high replayability value, means you will want to go back and collect all the unlockable items and complete all challenges. Defender Chronicles sparkles with high production value: 9 original music soundtracks, spatial 3D audio, voice-acting, hand-drawn graphics, and intuitive controls.

UNIQUE FEATURES FOR HIGH DEFINITION
Defender Chronicles HD includes a plethora of new content including new units such as the Lizardman Sentinel, the Paladin, and the Marksman. Each with their own special unlocks and abilities. Item enhancement system has been changed and may now affect two types of unit. The possible pairs are Warriors & Paladins, Archers & Marksmen, Mages & Archmages, Halflings & Lizardmen.

NEW ITEMS AND SKILLS
There are now new sprite graphics and voices for Mages, as well as new photo/ graphics for General. The item enhancement for Halflings has been improved greatly and the max skill limit has been increased. Players also get more tokens per game and more skill points per level up.

GAME CENTER ENABLED FOR iOS 4.2
Compare against your friends using the newly integrated Apple Game Center leaderboards and achievements.

Find out more, first!
http://www.facebook.com/chillingo
http://www.youtube.com/chillingo
http://www.twitter.com/chillingo

Old 11-18-2010, 01:40 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Frack! bought the original ages ago and haven't even played it for more than half an hour, now going to have to buy it again to see it how it was meant to look all along
Old 11-18-2010, 01:49 PM

If you can somehow update the original and save my game in a cloud and transfer it here I would buy it in a heartbeat. I bought the original at full price the first day it came out, its worth every penny.

BUT there is no way you are going to make me replay over 100 hours worth of game in my phone!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:02 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Unless there are new maps, I'm not interested.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:33 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

It says in the description that there is new content, though it only mentions new units. I wonder whether this is a port of Defender Chronicles - Legend of the Desert King, Defender Chronicles -Warriors of the Old Path, or a completely new game?
Old 11-18-2010, 04:17 PM
iPad Air, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
Frack! bought the original ages ago and haven't even played it for more than half an hour, now going to have to buy it again to see it how it was meant to look all along
Yeah, I've bought it too. I didn't get too far into the iPhone version one for it to be a pain in the ass playing it back again: I know there is a lot of content and replay ability here and can understand someone not really wanting to have to start again, it's a little like Puzzle Quest in that particular respect. Solid release this though, much happierto have this than I would be with the Lord of the Rings TD game which is reported to have some balancing issues. This game is a known quantity and well worth my money. It looks good and the extra screen real estate makes this feel right. I can see myself sinking a lot of time into this. The only downside I can see is that it has game centre support but I am unsure as to whether my achievements will apply retroactively. I guess the dev's aimed at getting this out for 4.2 unfortunately Apple are holding things up for me with this and the Real Racing updates.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:10 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu

Oh... I think it will waiting for 4.2 released. I haven't finished the iPhone version (replay when I changed my Phone). I need to re-play again. ^_^
Old 11-18-2010, 06:29 PM

This is a must buy for me. Heck I was the guy who won the unit contest which they held a while back. (The banshee unit was my idea.) Buying this right away .

I probably won't start until 4.2 gets released. Maybe I get to transfer my stuff over from my Itouch .
Old 11-18-2010, 07:16 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Was expecting it since I played the demo and read a HD was coming. Now playing, it looks so cool in HD. I had forgot the big wink to Majesty, the voice explaining the missions.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:57 PM

Meh I got too impatient. I had to try it out now

I love the new marksmen and their fire arrows.

There's nothing worse then poison+fire damage at the same time hahahaha.