★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: RageSpace - $49.99 :)

03-18-2009, 01:00 AM
RageSpace - $49.99 :)

RageSpace - $49.99
Obv a mistake (I think) as the description says it will be lowered to $4.99.
Looks like a spinoff of the mafia type games we've been seeing, but much more in depth and less tedious.

iTuna
03-18-2009, 01:03 AM
somebody TOFFT >>:]

03-18-2009, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello View Post
somebody TOFFT >>:]
Unibrows ftw.
Not sure if I want to spend $4.99 on a text "game", hopefully there will be a lite version following.
03-18-2009, 01:08 AM
woa lol..$50 --> $5!! thats a GOOD deal LOL
dann! there is even a home button and a help button WOW
03-18-2009, 03:58 AM
That name sounds familiar
03-18-2009, 04:09 AM
These are the fantastic developers behind such hits as iEmpire and iEmpire Lite, the premiere apps to own if you are a Russian Engineer with only a casual acquaintance with English.

Instead of a Tample you now have a Spece Stetoin.
03-18-2009, 04:14 AM
C'mon now, what'd he ever do to you? Heck, I'd be happy if I could have released any of those apps. The only programming skills I possess are those I can remember from an introductory Java class in high school.
03-18-2009, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
C'mon now, what'd he ever do to you? Heck, I'd be happy if I could have released any of those apps. The only programming skills I possess are those I can remember from an introductory Java class in high school.
I apologize if you feel I'm being unreasonably harsh. The truth is, the more apps released, the better selection and variety for all.

I also feel that it's important for everyone to be able to post their opinion on any game, and I would not have gone further than that with these people, except for one point:

Besides making a bad game (which happens often enough; unfortunately, iEmpire happens to be one of the worst I've ever played on the iPhone), they THEN asked people (only within their paid version of the game, via a popup once in the game) to post 5-star reviews of their game in exchange for in-game advantages. Such behavior rubs me the wrong way and that's why I posted what I did.

If it makes you feel better, I *am* working on my own iPhone game (for everyone to bash at the appropriate time =), but I feel that anyone should be able to make such comments.
03-18-2009, 04:49 AM
Man I am really disappointed with this game. For $50 I really thought I would be getting a massive gem right here but it is some seriously bad game.

The controls are dodgy and there is no sound whatsoever. If I was you I wouldn't buy this game even at the discounted price

Ugh..

I didn't actually buy the game, just made it up :P

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
03-18-2009, 05:03 PM
it's now at $4,99, but honestly it's not making it better...

for $5 you get a bad port of the browsergame ogame.

you get a planet (normally randomly somewhere in the galaxy, but in this port it's not really randomly. the first 6 users all start in the same system), build mines for ressources, research, get a fleet and attack other planets.

problems:
- don't know if its me and my wifi-connection but it's slow, very slow...because of the buttons and menu beeing unresponsive you actuaslly don't know if the game is doing something or not. sometimes takes 30 seconds to get to another screen and there is no indication if he is loading or not. sometimes it takes a minute to load the loginpage upon starting the app. i mean how are you supposed to attack other planets with that?

- building mines is very grindheavy from the beginning. in spacepioneers, a similar game, the first mine has a production time of a few seconds which constantly increases, so you have a good sense of achievement at the beginning. in this game (ragespace) lvl1 metal mine takes about 2 minutes, lvl4 6 minutes and the energy costs are ridiculous. for every mine lvl you build you have to build a solar plant (lvl5 12m waiting time).

- bugs (will add more as i find them):
1. after building a power plant or a mine energy isn't updated till you go to the ressources screen.
2. lvl3 to lvl4 metal mine has no production increase.
3. storage states on production screen isn't working.
4. production time isn't calculated right when you pause the game with the power button. 6 minutes production time left but after 6 minutes paused game still 5 minutes and 35 seconds left. wow....
5. no way to open espionage messages? can't be right...

- "forum is offline"

- no mentioning of this app on the developer (?) homepage. (link from itunes)

- perhaps it will be updated, but at this stage selling it for $5 is ridiculous imho.

Last edited by Whitewolf99; 03-19-2009 at 02:35 AM.