★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Shen Mansell
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.4 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *** Free for a limited time only ***
Tilt your iPhone or iPod to draw a line around the screen, controlled by the accelerometer.

Cross over the tail of your line to circle around enemies and fruit for points.

Avoid hitting enemies with the front of your line, or you will lose a life.

Upsi Looper is a fast-paced, arcade action game, with 2 addictive game play modes.

The fruit festival mode gives you 1 minute to collect as many fruits as you can. Get huge bonus points by looping heaps of fruit at once.

Regular and Expert game modes have you dodging and looping enemies as well as fruit. How long can you last against ever increasing waves of baddies?

There is a game play video on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbY99ntzd78

Features

* 2 totally different game modes
* Easy tutorial to get you used to the control and game play
* 24 Achievements to collect
* High scores
* Automatic save and resume
* Sound effects and in game music, or your music from iTunes

Upsi Looper will appeal to people who like Pokemon Ranger and Qix.

shen's comments:
This game is now free for a limited time. It is a full featured game, with local high scores and achievements. Download and enjoy.

Youtube link | Pop Up

ORIGINAL TEXT

UPDATE - This first contest is now over, and I've sent out the promo codes to the winners - congratulations.

To celebrate the release of my game Upsi Looper and the lite version Upsi Looper Lite, I am going to give away some promo codes in a couple of contests.

For the first contest, I've got 5 promo codes for the 5 people who download the lite version and post the best high score screen shot in the thread. (a screen shot of the game over screen with your high score in the corner)

If you can't get a high score, a really exciting screen shot might also get a code.

I'll run this for a few hours, and then give away the codes, and start a different contest.
03-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Can i email u?

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games

03-18-2009, 05:49 AM
umm, i not sure how to get the high score because i think the high score option is disabled in the lite version? it's unclickable for me.

i'm attaching the last score i got which i'm very sure will pale in comparison to the others who will post their scores.

Last edited by zvnthynn; 03-20-2009 at 08:01 AM.
03-18-2009, 06:10 AM
its on the top right 4----

My hiest score was 10930
Shen can oi post screenshot later?

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
03-18-2009, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stykman View Post
its on the top right 4----
actually that's not the highest score but the score of the last game i played. i tried again not even bothering to score and it got replaced by 0

also, shen, am i supposed to play the game with my iphone in parallel to the floor? because when i try to tilt it a bit towards me (i'm in a sitting position), the rope immediately moves downward.
03-18-2009, 09:20 AM
zvnthynn: Yeah, you play in parallel with the floor.

Also, a screen shot like you had with your score on the game over screen is fine.

I think I will need to extend the contest a bit though, I'm in the UK, and forgot that the US is in the middle of the night right now.
03-18-2009, 09:25 AM

I didn't see a high score option...only in the full version. So I posted my score.

Oh...so just saw the part where you HAVE to get a high score or an exciting screen shot?
So are these screen shots exciting enough? lol

If not...well, at least I tried .

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2

Last edited by kiwi91; 03-18-2009 at 09:30 AM.
03-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Wow, my game must be harder than I thought.

I can break 20 000 pretty easily on the lite version, but I have been playing the game lots during development.

Still, all you have to do is get one of the highest score of the people who post screen shots, and there aren't 5 of those yet.
03-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Here you go.. Go Dirty Al Go! Took me 5 times to get that score. Not a bad game..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UrsiLooperDirtyal.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1848  
03-18-2009, 02:35 PM
heres mine
hah felt like editing it the color of course

Last edited by Stykman; 03-18-2009 at 02:47 PM.