Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-13-2013, 04:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Alien Tribe 2 - 4X RTS (by Ukando Software)

Alien Tribe 2 is an indie 4X real-time strategy (RTS) space game for the iPad (and now iPhone). Here, a Universe Sandbox meets real-time strategy and a pinch of Tower Defence. Explore the galaxy and and find solar systems. Populate the numerous planets and extract different raw materials. Build weapons platforms for defence and research centres to improve your skills. Should the raw materials of the discovered planet not be sufficient for you, scan the space for asteroids and extract additional raw materials there.

The 4X approach of "eXplore", "eXpand", "eXploit" and "eXterminate" is supported by over 45 missions / quests of the areas of "Military", "Economy", "Exploration" & "Expansion". This means that the player is constantly faced with new challenges and once a player successfully completes a mission / quest, he is then rewarded with new build options, research points, the in-game currency called GEO or other various items.

Alien Tribe 2 is now available for a reduced price of 2.99 USD in the App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alien-tribe-2-4x-rts-space/id653463017?mt=8

Here is the a teaser trailer and some screenshots. It would be great if you could leave some feedback or like our facebook page.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alientribe2

Alien Tribe 2 Teaser Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Some Screenshots:

Visit us at Alien Tribe 2.

Last edited by ritter; 10-31-2014 at 07:33 PM..
Old 12-13-2013, 04:43 AM

This looks pretty good
Old 12-13-2013, 09:27 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

It is pretty good. Anyone who enjoyed Weird Worlds, or is a fan of 4X RTS should get this. It's actually quite deep but the controls are straight forward as well as the tutorial.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:10 AM
iPhone 6 Plus

Just bought it. I like the interface and and the ships/planets are crisp and smoothly animated. The first thing I do these days is dig around for IAPs and I found some here. You can buy green energy orbs (also found in-game but I have no idea how generous heir distribution is yet) which seem to be used for shortcuts and cheats (all weapons now, fast colonization, etc). At least I hope that's what they are because if it turns out that the game is balanced so that they are necessary, I will be very disappointed.

More impressions forthcoming.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:39 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I am such a sucker for these types of games. I saw it on appshopper and came here about to make a main post with the link. Luckily someone else saw it ahead of me. The only thing holding me to the fence is the IAP currency... I'd like to hear more input on how balanced the game feels before I take the plunge!
Old 12-14-2013, 04:05 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

It seems well balanced. I didn't even realize about the IAP and played it for half a day yesterday.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:29 PM
iPhone 6 Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfrozen View Post
It seems well balanced. I didn't even realize about the IAP and played it for half a day yesterday.
That's been my experience as well. So far, I'm really enjoying it. Hope it gets some traction.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:32 PM
iPhone 6 Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
I am such a sucker for these types of games. I saw it on appshopper and came here about to make a main post with the link. Luckily someone else saw it ahead of me. The only thing holding me to the fence is the IAP currency... I'd like to hear more input on how balanced the game feels before I take the plunge!
I'm pretty intolerant of consumable IAPs but these feel like an afterthought - which is exactly how they should feel.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:46 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Before taking the plunge I was going to try the first one as I saw on here that it was free. But it appears to be removed from the App Store (UK) can anyone confirm?

Love 4x games and am very tempted in trying this one.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:05 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfrozen View Post
It is pretty good. Anyone who enjoyed Weird Worlds, or is a fan of 4X RTS should get this. It's actually quite deep but the controls are straight forward as well as the tutorial.
It's so easy to overlook games like this. Why? Because of all of the completely linear, browser-based timer Facebook-style "games" (more like screensavers) which have infested the appstore. I see something like this, my natural inclination is to assume it's another "fake" game...or MOBA-whatever the kids call them.

Now shoo! Offa my lawn!