Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-05-2012, 08:57 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Awesome.

Congrats to the development team for pulling this off.

I loved how you implemented the real life game into a mechanic that works in a video game. Kudos!!

~M
Old 09-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Lead Wars gets update adding support for iPhone 5 and iOS6

Thanks Markkimse - although the 'team' is just me. I even have to make the tea. ;-)

A new version of Lead Wars has just literally just been approved:

What's New in Version v1.6.1
  • Added full-screen support for the iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation)

Note: Support for iPhone 3G and earlier, and iPod touch (2nd generation) and earlier have had to be dropped. But the good news is it still runs perfect on 3GS and iPad 1 and later, so hopefully this doesn't affect very many people at all!

Btw it supports full Retina Display on both iPad and iPhone too, so it looks as good as it can on all devices, and now in full-screen on all devices too. Enjoy
Old 11-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Just a heads-up for people toying with the idea of picking Lead Wars up soon:

Lead Wars will be FREE for 24 hours on Tuesday 6th November 2012 as it's being featured by AppTurbo's App Of The Day app!

So be sure to grab it quick as it will be going back to the normal price on Wednesday.

PS. Good job there are no other big gaming releases on Tuesday... </irony>

PPS. Anyone interested in what I'm working on now should check out www.demonstudios.com - Fliptomino is a 'fast action puzzler' that will be coming out early next year on iOS, Mac + other platforms! The best part - there's a pre-Alpha proof-of-concept demo playable RIGHT NOW on PC or Mac. I'll start an upcoming thread here on TA nearer release, just mentioning it here so Lead Wars fans get the first look
Old 11-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

It's passed midnight in the UK now so I've now changed the price of Lead Wars to FREE worldwide for this App Of The Day promotion by AppTurbo!

It will go back to the normal price of $2.99/1.99 on Wednesday evening at 7pm GMT.

(If it's not showing up as free give it 20 minutes or so for the price to propagate through the app store).

Enjoy!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Back to paid now - thanks everyone for picking the game up while it was free - all 211,003 of you! Big thanks to AppTurbo for the free App of the Day feature!

Note I'm planning on adding AirPrint to the game so you can print your maps out in hi-res and play real life Lead Wars! Then you can make up whatever rules you like (or have the often-requested boats and helicopters!). Pencil and safety goggles not included.

Last edited by DemonJim; 11-21-2012 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: Updated final download total
Old 11-21-2012, 06:44 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Hi there,

I'd like to know about AppTurbo. Are those downloads real or they are made by bots? Could you confirm that you have 200K new users using the app? Or justo 200K downloads. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by odaSoft View Post
Hi there,

I'd like to know about AppTurbo. Are those downloads real or they are made by bots? Could you confirm that you have 200K new users using the app? Or justo 200K downloads. Thanks!
They're real downloads for sure. I didn't pay AppTurbo anything for the promotion, they simply featured it in their App of the Day app, so it would make no sense and be of no financial benefit for them to cheat the downloads in this way. Plus it must be really easy for Apple to spot the patterns of bot-farm downloads nowadays (particularly as you need a unique AppleID for every single one).

Just by going free from $2.99 many downloads are from people watching price drop sites and twitter feeds as well remember. The game got an initial boost of about 150k new names on the Leaderboard, and 100s of new names are still posted daily, a week or so later (more than new daily sales, so is clearly people who picked it up during the sale and only just playing it now).

Basically, now is a perfect time to play Lead Wars online, particularly the live mode where you watch the opponent look around the map in real time!

Last edited by DemonJim; 11-21-2012 at 12:26 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

New version of Lead Wars is now live, v1.7, which adds 24 Sergeant First Class Campaign missions, 3 new built-in maps (created by a fan of the game!) and the ability to import/export custom maps via the Clipboard.

I plan to have a map creator competition at some point in the future so get creating and stay tuned to the @DemonStudios twitter feed!

Happy pencil flicking!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

In celebration of the release of v1.7 yesterday, and Christmas / the generic holiday season, Lead Wars will be on sale from $2.99 down to $1.99 / 1.49 from now until the New Year!

Merry Everyone!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:56 PM

Sweet. I haven't played Lead Wars in awhile, but this sounds like a good reason to do so.