Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-19-2010, 06:33 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

I'd love one as well!

I used to play this on paper YEARS ago and it is something I've been hoping would be created for the iDevice.

Last edited by veecheech; 11-19-2010 at 06:37 PM..
Old 11-19-2010, 06:35 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via AIM to jwei44

This game should have play against comuter
Old 11-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwei44 View Post
This game should have play against comuter
You're totally right - I am currently working on the vs-CPU play and this will be added in a future update.

[Edit: vs-CPU play against the computer was added in v1.1]

Last edited by DemonJim; 02-17-2012 at 02:45 AM..
Old 11-19-2010, 06:57 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Default Game Impressions

Thank you for the code!

Initial impressions are positive - graphics are nice, sounds are of the mouth-made variety and fit in well.

Control is fine, tap to select a unit, again to switch between moving and firing. You draw away from the angle you want to move/shoot and optionally swipe back quickly for a "long shot" which you can curve.

Only gripe so far is that unless I am missing something, you have to move a fixed distance every time (unless you stop short due to bumping into something).

I bet this would be a total blast on an iPad, sometimes it is a little cramped on my iPhone (having to scroll back to my unit so I can draw away from it).
Old 11-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Thank you for the code!

Initial impressions are positive - graphics are nice, sounds are of the mouth-made variety and fit in well.

Control is fine, tap to select a unit, again to switch between moving and firing. You draw away from the angle you want to move/shoot and optionally swipe back quickly for a "long shot" which you can curve.

Only gripe so far is that unless I am missing something, you have to move a fixed distance every time (unless you stop short due to bumping into something).

I bet this would be a total blast on an iPad, sometimes it is a little cramped on my iPhone (having to scroll back to my unit so I can draw away from it).
Thanks for the great feedback! You can move shorter distances by releasing soon after the pencil starts to slide - when shooting though this can easily result in blowing yourself up, so be careful

It unfortunately only tells you this if you make a totally dud shot (ie release immediately after it slips) so I may need to rethink some of the Training text. I really tried to keep the Training word-count to a minimum but it's still a bit wordy maybe. It needs to explain a lot of things though so not easy to keep it to single sentences.

This is version 1.0 and I'm committed to doing lots of free updates for it so all feedback from players will hopefully evolve it to be even better. I want to get a Map Editor in there at some point too, as well as the much-needed vs-CPU mode for those without Game Center.

cheers,
Jim
Old 11-19-2010, 09:36 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

This is a great idea and the game looks good. Played the analog version a lot when I was a kid. Thank you for not calling this Doodle Lead Wars.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

An update went live today (v1.0.1) which should fix the Leaderboard issue many people have had with v1.0. It also has some tweaks and minor bug fixes and adds images to the Achievement popup.

I'm working hard to make this game even better and can only do it with your continued support, so if you enjoy the game but wished more people were playing online then please help me spread the word py posting your thoughts and the iTunes link (see first post) to your Facebook and Twitter feeds - imagine how great it would be if there was always somebody searching for an online battle whenever you fancied a go!

So I have another 10 promo codes up for grabs for those who missed out previously and are still undecided whether to give it a try. Claim your code now!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:29 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I'd love to give this nice looking strategy game a try, I'll leave you feedback here and on itunes.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:49 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonJim View Post
An update went live today (v1.0.1) which should fix the Leaderboard issue many people have had with v1.0. It also has some tweaks and minor bug fixes and adds images to the Achievement popup.

I'm working hard to make this game even better and can only do it with your continued support, so if you enjoy the game but wished more people were playing online then please help me spread the word py posting your thoughts and the iTunes link (see first post) to your Facebook and Twitter feeds - imagine how great it would be if there was always somebody searching for an online battle whenever you fancied a go!

So I have another 10 promo codes up for grabs for those who missed out previously and are still undecided whether to give it a try. Claim your code now!
Ack! I forgot to post my review. Will do so tonight.

I love this game.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:00 PM

This looks like a fun strategy game, love the art style. I would like to have a code please.