★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Do you have what it takes to be a star in the B-Boy scene? Youll need skills, rhythm and creativity in your moves to become number 1 in this authentic dance game for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad!

Battle against the best of the best, throw down the coolest moves and win the respect of the crowd. Forget about gravity, let your body pulsate to the beat and take the lead with motion-captured moves from Roxrite, Lilou, Cico, Hong 10, Taisuke, Pelezino and Ronnie. Make the most spectacular moves using the special drag & hold feature on four rhythm channels and take it to the limit!

FULL VERSION FEATURES:
Enjoy 40+ hours of adrenaline fuelled B-Boy fun
Experience staggering motion-captured moves from 7 of the worlds best B-Boys
Become one of the stars in the most important international B-Boy competitions, throw down the greatest moves and stay on beat
28 levels with easy & hard taplines master them to make it into the B-Boy hall of fame
Realistically transported dance choreography about 650 motion-captured moves - from real-world stars!
14 famous international locations in 3D provide varied atmospheres for the big challenges
Famous voice actor Zurek acts as MC and guides through the contests
Apple Game Center integration allows users to bring in friends and soon-to-be-friends on all the action. Invite someone to join, then get the game going and move up the leader boards. Meet your match and score!
Crazy moves, extreme motions, spectacular light effects and fireworks put the player right into the action loaded crowd
29 licensed B-Boy sound tracks fuel the battles

ADDITIONAL INFO:
On older devices (2G, 3G) the fluent movement of the B-Boys is disabled as a default setting to ensure best possible gameplay. This can be changed in the options menu however. On newer devices (3Gs, iPad) the fluent animation of the B-Boys is turned on by default an cannot be changed.

BACKGROUND:
Starting in the late 70s, B-Boying is still alive and kicking: Today a vibrant and well-connected B-Boy scene exists worldwide! One of the most important B-Boy competitions is the Red Bull BC One, where 16 of the world's best B-Boys meet to compete and to determine in a 1-on-1 knock-out-battle who is The One. Extraordinary artistic skills, an outstanding character, and a good reputation in the community are the success formula to get selected as a dancer for the Red Bull BC One. The challenge lies in finding influential dancers from all continents ready to set new standards and show state of the art breaking. B-Boy battles have their roots in 1-on-1 competitions. During the past 15 years these 1-on-1 battles have been pushed to the background as crew competitions became more popular at the big events. Red Bull's objective was to go back to the roots and show B-Boying in the most spectacular and powerful way. After an auspicious start in Biel, Switzerland (2004), the battle moved to Berlin, Germany (2005) and Sao Paulo, Brazil (2006). The 2007 Red Bull BC One Battle took place in Johannesburg, South Africa, and in 2008, the best B-Boys of the world battled it out in the heart of Paris, France. In 2009, the Red Bull BC One took B-Boying back to its birthplace New York City! This year, the Red Bull BC One will be held in one of the most vibrant metropolises of allTokyo! Japan has a big and lively Hip Hop scene and the event is awaited with great expectations since Japanese B-Boy Taisuke is one of the favorites for this year.

All trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)










11-19-2010, 03:55 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,449
Nice to see Digital Chocolate joining the Universal apps party. I just hope they do it with a different game... Nice graphics though!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!

11-19-2010, 05:31 PM
#3
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 248
Hey guys I love games like this, it seems like guitar hero combined with Bust a groove awesome, may you please add a gameplay video - i just want to know what it is like before I buy ?

PS : can i create my own dancer that would be really cool ?
11-19-2010, 05:56 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,074
This can't be Digital Chocolate. It is, obviously, but this makes no sense. Digital Chocolate is one of the worst/cheapest developers ever. Their games look like flash games; like standard cell phone games. Games that appear java-based. Engine-wise, this far exceeds, by 8 billion miles, anything Digital Chocolate has ever done. They've never made a 3-D game before. This is baffling.
11-19-2010, 06:01 PM
#5
Joined: May 2009
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
This can't be Digital Chocolate. It is, obviously, but this makes no sense. Digital Chocolate is one of the worst/cheapest developers ever. Their games look like flash games; like standard cell phone games. Games that appear java-based. Engine-wise, this far exceeds, by 8 billion miles, anything Digital Chocolate has ever done. They've never made a 3-D game before. This is baffling.

Not true. They have made quite a few of those roller coaster games with 3d graphics
11-19-2010, 06:23 PM
#6
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Uk
Posts: 2,209
Not in the app store now looks like its been pulled for some reason
11-19-2010, 06:38 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,712
Wow that's too bad. I got this in the nick of time I guess. I actually really like this. Hopefully it's just a temporary removal, because it's quite good.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
11-19-2010, 07:16 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Wow that's too bad. I got this in the nick of time I guess. I actually really like this. Hopefully it's just a temporary removal, because it's quite good.
Hey sizzlakalonji it seems you one of the only people to have picked this one up , how is it ? Is it like Dj mIx tour from Gameloft or Guitar hero combined with dancing? How are the graphics ? Are there any of those annoying lagging moments where you miss the note and from thescreen shots the tim to hit a note looks tiny - is it that bad ?

Thanks man I am interested in it, and wont be able to mes with it till it comes back
11-19-2010, 07:25 PM
#9
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunis View Post
Hey sizzlakalonji it seems you one of the only people to have picked this one up , how is it ? Is it like Dj mIx tour from Gameloft or Guitar hero combined with dancing? How are the graphics ? Are there any of those annoying lagging moments where you miss the note and from thescreen shots the tim to hit a note looks tiny - is it that bad ?

Thanks man I am interested in it, and wont be able to mes with it till it comes back
Yes, this is essentially a rhythm game like GH. The dancing sets it apart, and the motion control animation on the dancers is pretty darn impressive. Of course, you can't really pay close attention to the dancing since you have to focus on the tapping and sliding. There are some variations on strictly tapping, and that's pretty cool. I didn't notice any lag at all on my iPhone 4. I didn't think that the time to hit notes was too short, seems just about right to me. If you like rhythm games, I can't imagine you wouldn't like it. Hopefully this comes back soon.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
11-19-2010, 07:32 PM
#10
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Yes, this is essentially a rhythm game like GH. The dancing sets it apart, and the motion control animation on the dancers is pretty darn impressive. Of course, you can't really pay close attention to the dancing since you have to focus on the tapping and sliding. There are some variations on strictly tapping, and that's pretty cool. I didn't notice any lag at all on my iPhone 4. I didn't think that the time to hit notes was too short, seems just about right to me. If you like rhythm games, I can't imagine you wouldn't like it. Hopefully this comes back soon.
Thanks sizzlakalonji, then I will definitely pick it up as soon as it does