★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iTunes Connect Upload?

03-18-2009, 05:26 AM
iTunes Connect Upload?

Hello! I just submitted my app iScreamer! to iTunes. One problem, I didn't upload the project file. DEVS, what file do you upload to apple as the application. Please be specific! Thank you!
03-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Anyone? When I upload the .app, it says it has something wrong in the info.plist. Does anyone know what that is?

03-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellSpentYouth View Post
Anyone? When I upload the .app, it says it has something wrong in the info.plist. Does anyone know what that is?
I had to compress the .app to a .zip file.

You might have to do this. Go to Project Edit Active Target... go to Properties... I think you may need to set an identifier, and a version number if it isn't there...
03-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkanigon View Post
I had to compress the .app to a .zip file.

You might have to do this. Go to Project Edit Active Target... go to Properties... I think you may need to set an identifier, and a version number if it isn't there...
Ok, well when I just try to open the .app, it says it can't launch, but my project works just fine.
03-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Ok, well when I just try to open the .app, it says it can't launch, but my project works just fine.
From your signature, I'm assuming you figured it out...

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

03-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Hmmm... I'm a bit confused... Did you right click on your app file in finder, and compress it to a zip?

I'm pretty sure you have to submit the app file compressed as a zip file.
03-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkanigon View Post
Hmmm... I'm a bit confused... Did you right click on your app file in finder, and compress it to a zip?

I'm pretty sure you have to submit the app file compressed as a zip file.
Yes, I compressed it, but it won't even launch uncompressed. And no, I didn't figure it out. I submitted everything but the project. To clarify, I'll update the signature. It gives the pop up that allows you to report to apple, ignore, or relaunch.
03-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Yes, I compressed it, but it won't even launch uncompressed. And no, I didn't figure it out. I submitted everything but the project. To clarify, I'll update the signature. It gives the pop up that allows you to report to apple, ignore, or relaunch.
Also did you go into your project and go to Edit Active Target and check that you have a version number and an identifier?

I'm pretty sure that the app file that you submit to apple cannot be launched right then.... it can only be launched when it's downloaded from the app store. Remember when you build the app for submitting... just click Build... not Build and Go...
03-19-2009, 02:30 AM
I would very much appreciate some sort of check-list for us noobs. For example, apparently we need to submit a 512x512 PNG for our app in our project- what is that used for, adverts?
What do we name our identifier (could we have an example)?
I suppose this kind of information might be available once I have set up my account and have access to the portal, but I have only signed up to the developer program atm. But still, having a checklist here could prepare new developers for when they do join.
03-19-2009, 03:06 AM
Concgrats on finishing your project, your further down the road than me mate, but I know this:

The 512x512 version of your appIcon is used for displaying in the AppStore. It should be identical to your appIcon in every way (apart from the size). You would therefore normally create the 512x512 version and downscale this to use as your 57x57 icon in your project...