★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: MoShinRo vs. Jabeh

03-18-2009, 10:04 AM
MoShinRo vs. Jabeh

There is a new puzzle game called MoShinRo that has the same gameplay mechanic as Jabeh. I really like Jabeh (great interface and strong puzzles).
Has anyone tried both to know if there is a good reason to own both? (assuming you like the style of play)
Another great thing about Jabeh is that all puzzles I have found can be solved by logic and not guessing. Also true for MoShinRo?
03-18-2009, 10:11 AM
MoShinRo lacks style, so I bought Jabeh.

I suck at medium .

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de

03-18-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't like the look of MoShinRo, but it does say it has unlimited puzzles so I guess they're randomly generated. My problem with Jabeh is that although I love the presentation and gameplay, there are VERY few puzzles. After 30 puzzles I started seeing repeats. The dev claims it downloads new puzzles whenever you open the game but it doesn't seem like many, if any, puzzles have been added for months. Every puzzle is a repeat for me now.
03-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Still trying to figure out MoShinRo. Yes puzzles are randomly generated. It doesn't have ability to mark off parts you think are wrong. Not sure but I assume it's more of a genius at shinro type of game. You guess quickly but it tells you if your right or wrong. Each type your wrong that'll deduct seconds from your overall time. Think I'm gonna email dev and ask him for option to make it more like Jabeh if possible.
03-18-2009, 12:40 PM
dont have moshinro and dont plan on getting it. Jabeh is good for me for now and i really like it.
03-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Message from Developer

Hi,

I'm the developer of MoShinRo. I don't want to start a flame war in any way, I just want to clear up a few things that are discussed in this post.

First, a lite version of MoShinRo will be made available on the App Store probably tomorrow. I received the Ready for Sale email from Apple tonight. It was originally slated for release alongside MoShinro itself but was delayed because Apple didn't like the way I implemented the demo functionality.

Second, MoShinRo does randomly generate the puzzles you see. I believe I used the phrase "virutually unlimited" to describe it because while it's possible to play the same puzzle again, it's highly unlikely. Each difficulty has it's own rules for puzzle generation. I feel it's best to let players figure those out for themselves, otherwise I'll spoil the fun in the game.

Third, I realize that Jabeh has much better art than I do. I'm a programmer, not an artist. I think both the style of play and the random puzzle generation sets MoShinRo apart enough to give players a choice.

As for whether I would implement a play mechanic where you could solve the entire puzzle first, and then tell the game you were done, I would consider it if I felt the demand was there. I personally find that style of play too slow for me. I enjoyed the way I implemented it much more. However, part of being an app developer is listening to your users, so I'm willing to consider it.

Thanks to all who try the game out. I appreciate any feedback you can provide. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions.
03-18-2009, 09:35 PM
The Lite version is available. It came up when I did the search.
03-18-2009, 09:42 PM
MoShinRo looks awful and I dislike it's ugly design, I would rather have a few screenshots of jabeh than that game. The dev really needs to get a graphic designer, then they might have a fair fight.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
03-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyraider4 View Post
MoShinRo looks awful and I dislike it's ugly design, I would rather have a few screenshots of jabeh than that game. The dev really needs to get a graphic designer, then they might have a fair fight.
Um, wow, that was harsh.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
03-18-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't have MoShinRo and I do have Jabeh and like it.

That being said, I get the impression from reading the description of MoShinRo that there are other visuals/themes. I think the developer of MoShinRo might want to use a different theme for his screenshots.

Good luck, developer.