★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This is Dino Madness Pinball, an amazing, fast-paced classic Pinball Simulator featuring super addictive gameplay, stunning HD visuals and state-of-the-art physics simulation!

Beat the T-Rex, crack the Egg and save the Baby Dino!

Uses the full resolution and 3D graphical capabilites of the iPad (1 and 2) and iPhone 4(S), delivered smoothly at 60fps
Universal binary - pay once, play on all your devices!
Multiball feature (x4)
Flexible portrait and landscape support with seamless pinch-zoom from dynamic action view to classic overview
Local and Global Hi-Scores with live ranking
Compete with other players from around the world for Achievement awards, from easy to super-hard
Original music score and sound F/X
Realisitic physics simulation (featuring Nena's "I Can't Believe It's Not Reality"-physics engine)
Innovative ball trail makes it easy to follow the action even on a small display

Global leaderboards and achievements is supported through Game Center.
11-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Before we start the complaining, let's remember that no pinball game is going to compare to Pinball HD.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

11-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Game Impressions

Tried it on iPad so I couldn't test Game Center. I have almost all pinball games for iPhone/iPad available.

One not overloaded dino themed table with three flippers. Not bad. A rather fast-paced pinball engine, not easy, but the physics are fine. You can trap and stop the ball with the flippers for calm aiming when it comes not too fast. Passes are possible too sometimes.

There is a "real" plunger (not a timed one). At the top an area with five bumpers. Targets, kickers, slingshots, two ramps, one spinner. Score points by hitting the highlighted targets on the board. Hit the left ramp twice to enable Multiball. No (table) tilt (nudging). Three missions are explained behind the information-i. "Ball saved" when you lose it early. Two out lanes with switches below left and right. Sometimes a baby dino shows up in a cage and says "help me".

You lose the ball too easy when it hits the lower part of the left slingshot.

Different views: Preselected is a (soft) scrolling side view (from below) but you can pinch for a constant top view of the whole table. A female voice comments. Nice comet tail behind the ball(s). Didn't test multiplayer but it seems to work over Bluetooth.

The graphics seem to be a bit outdated, but it runs stable and smooth. An animated dino sculpture in the center reacts to the gameplay. Saves local highscores. Some kind of tropical music (may be switched off separately), arcade sounds.

Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Before we start the complaining, let's remember that no pinball game is going to compare to Pinball HD.
Yes. But in Dino you can hear the ball rolling.

3 stars out of 5. Okay for pinball fans for the buck. Not overwhelming after 15 minutes but will pick it up again for sure.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 11-20-2010 at 07:46 PM.
11-21-2010, 12:30 AM
I got it, and was coming to make a quick impression post. I pretty much was going to say the same as above. For me, the physics feel just a shade off, although I haven't yet identified why that is. Certainly the game feels too fast, but I don't know if that's my old man reflexes getting the better of me or if the ball really is a bit too lively. It looks good, and rotating your device causes the table to rotate intelligently. I'm unsure whether to call it a "really good 3" or a "really close to a 4 so I'll give it a 4" game. I don't feel it is a waste for a dollar, but I'm can't just tell everyone who asks that they need to just buy the game.
12-01-2010, 07:54 AM
I like this game, really good engine.
12-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the useful comments on our game Dino Madness in this thread. We just released v1.1 which tries to remedy the issues reported, namely:

* Physics has been adjusted to improve gameplay and make it less stingy.
* Proper nudge/tilt functionality was added. The "bangback" maneuver may for instance now be executed.
* Graphics and effects have been updated.
12-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Not a bad little pinball game, I have to say. It's what I would term "fantasy pinball" in that it does things real pinball tables can't, but only very slightly -- specifically in the movement of the dinosaur where a real pinball table would just have a static dino, or one with a single-joint articulated head if it wants to get fancy. Apart from that and the ball trail, it actually plays a lot more like a real pinball table -- moreso than Pinball HD, which has video-gamey-style moving targets to unlock and hit and such and is further into fantasy pinball territory.

The unusual thing about this table though is the mix of pinball anachronisms. You have a simulation of more modern LED displays and more modern pinball concepts mixed in with retro-style bumpers that give off very retro bell pings that would look more at home in a 60s or 70s table. Adding to this feeling of retro-ness is the lack of the usual 3 or 4 top lanes you usually illuminate lights in order to shoot for skill shots and score multipliers. In fact, there are no score multipliers, and so far as I've been able to find so far, no way to earn free balls either (except maybe score, which I may not have reached yet).

Moving back into modern territory there's multiball, which works pretty well. The physics do feel slightly off in an indiscernible way but not in any way that works to the game's detriment.

The one thing that I did notice that I think contributes to the "outdated graphics" feel is the ball: It's flat-shaded rather than reflective with environment mapping, which gives it a bit of an Epic Pinball feel rather than a more modern pinballer. The icon is also kind of ugly.

Overall though it's a pretty decent pinballer for a buck, and the universal binary is a bonus for iPad owners -- and I do prefer pinball games on the larger iPad screen. I'd give it about a 3 or 3.5 out of 5.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko