Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-21-2010, 06:00 AM
iPad

Default Gunstar Heroes - by SEGA [Out Now]

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 11-22-2010 at 01:17 AM..
Old 11-21-2010, 06:14 AM

Is this a port?
Old 11-21-2010, 06:27 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Ooooh!
One of my favorite Genesis games from days gone by.
I'm very curious as to how this will control on the touch screen.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:36 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Insta-buy when it hits the US store
Old 11-21-2010, 06:42 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Oh man I hope they've fixed their emulator engine for this. A solid port would be amazing.

Heck, why not just skip Sega altogether, and get Treasure to make a version of Bangai-O for iDevice. Something like the NDS version that generates random levels based on sound would be a perfect match for iDevices.

Anyways, I'll probably wait on this one until I hear how the controls and framerate holds up.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:02 AM
iPad Air, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
i think SEGA has already run out of idea to make a new games for iOS devices. with the capability of iphone 4 and ipad and they keep released their old games.i think if sega developed their old games, make it better and maximize all the iPhone capabilty then its good for us but not just a lazy direct port with no graphics enhancement at all.those games used to be my favorite(golden axe, sonic,etc) but cmon sega...not anymore...
They could be making BIG bucks if they brought shiny re-booted versions of some of their games to ios. I've said this before but there are so many dev's would die to have the brand recognition SEGA have got. Sadly SEGA are squandering their opportunities big time - I have given up on their ios efforts long ago. If they took the Namco model of what was done with PAC Man (Championship) in terms of the re-skinning and updating they could really have a presence on the app store to be proud of. As stands they are running their name into the dirt. SEGA have a history of making poor choices where it comes to their market, the decision to come out of the hardware side of the business was supposed to be to help them produce and promote their greatness on other systems. Let's just say for the most part they have not lived up to that ideal and they have had plenty of time. If they took say...Daytona and made a really sweet ios version 60fps nice 3d models, gave it the works, and made it a full game (no DLC dilution), and made it for the newer devices capable of running it the way it should, then they would be making a good start. Games like Gunstar here in it's current form should be reserved for the older devices but are being pushed as being the vanguard. It's not good enough for them, or for my money.
P.S. I agree Strivemind it would be great to see Bangai or anything else from Treasure. A new ios I.P. would be great.

Last edited by Bad Hanson; 11-21-2010 at 08:08 AM..
Old 11-21-2010, 08:18 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I want a port of bonk
Old 11-21-2010, 08:29 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Oh please, PLEASE, next SEGA/Treasure game to be ported to iOS should be Guardian Heroes, one of the best beat'em-up ever made! The game was released for S.Saturn in 1996. Excellent art, huge campaing, 5 campaing characters, tons of different enemies (playable through multiplayer arena, up to 6 players), tons of stages with different paths/different finishes, nice music. Really, a very very nice game.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:33 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

As a matter of fact, there is some excellent classics released for Sega Saturn that would kick serious ass if ported to whatever modern platform
Old 11-21-2010, 08:34 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Love this game but it really needs pinpoint accurate controls.. I don't think Sega did that.. I wish Sega ported some Saturn games like panzer dragoon, sega rally or daytona usa..