★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Wordspector investigations now under way!

11-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Wordspector investigations now under way!

Word game fans rejoice! Wordspector, the fun and feature-packed word puzzler from Moido Games is now available on the App store.

The objective is to solve "mystery words" with the help of colour clues. It's a bit like mastermind with words (check the video for wordspecting 101). But that's just the main game; there are also three mini-games each with different rules.

All game modes have online leaderboards with Facebook integration and can be played in English, Spanish, French, Italian and Finnish. I'd love to get feedback especially from non-English players!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Moido Games Ltd
Our games: Hopido | ReaXXor | Wordspector

Last edited by moidoka; 12-06-2010 at 04:50 AM.
11-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Looks quite good.

11-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Looks like a good word game with arcade sensibilities. Good stuff.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
11-21-2010, 09:22 PM
I am having a lot of fun with this game as it is different from the other word games I have. Works well on the iPad as well.
11-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I am having a lot of fun with this game as it is different from the other word games I have. Works well on the iPad as well.
+1 - Very polished, it scales well, and it's fun.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
11-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
+1 - Very polished, it scales well, and it's fun.
I see you are number one. I am just trying to stay ahead of my wife.
11-22-2010, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Different how?

Also, are the leaderboards through Facebook or standalone?

Thanks.
11-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Quote:
I see you are number one. I am just trying to stay ahead of my wife.
I bought on your rec, so thank you. Way more interesting than Mastermind, IMO.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
11-22-2010, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Different how?

Also, are the leaderboards through Facebook or standalone?

Thanks.
There are global leaderboards that you can access in game. It is just a different type of word game, with excellent controls and addictive game play.

By different, you are given one letter of a four letter word and must figure out the word. The quicker you do this, the more points you score and then you move on to the next round. Eventually, you don't get any letters revealed and the words get longer.

To aid you, when you place a letter if it turns green it it in the correct spot. If it turns brown it is a correct letter but in the wrong spot. If the letter you placed is wrong, it will not be highlighted and will dim in the letterselection screen.

Sorry for the short explaination but it is late. I highly recommend this if you like word games.
11-22-2010, 02:38 AM
Thank you, will pick this up.

Quote:
There are global leaderboards that you can access in game. It is just a different type of word game, with excellent controls and addictive game play.

By different, you are given one letter of a four letter word and must figure out the word. The quicker you do this, the more points you score and then you move on to the next round. Eventually, you don't get any letters revealed and the words get longer.

To aid you, when you place a letter if it turns green it it in the correct spot. If it turns brown it is a correct letter but in the wrong spot. If the letter you placed is wrong, it will not be highlighted and will dim in the letterselection screen.

Sorry for the short explaination but it is late. I highly recommend this if you like word games.