★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Galcon Online - Touch Arcade Users

10-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Galcon Online - Touch Arcade Users

Ok, so my most used app is definitely Galcon. I mean, I've probably spent 10 hours on the thing, and I've never even tried the offline modes. I love the way that it perfectly balances luck (starting near big, cheap planets) with skill and even mathematics.
What I've noticed lately is that I keep bumping into the same players online ('Blue I'm On Your Side' I'm talking to you).
While I'm not 100 % sure whether this is the right place to start this thread, I wondered whether there're any other Touch Arcade users who play their fair share of Galcon online that I might have bumped into...
I thought perhaps we could say our Galcon name and rank, and if anyone's really keen, set up a match or two to see who truly rules Touch Arcade.
So I'll kick things off:
Alza123 is my username, and I'm currently ranked as an Admiral.
Please, this is my first thread, so if you have anything to say, let's not make this awkward for me - contribute
10-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alza View Post
Ok, so my most used app is definitely Galcon. I mean, I've probably spent 10 hours on the thing, and I've never even tried the offline modes. I love the way that it perfectly balances luck (starting near big, cheap planets) with skill and even mathematics.
What I've noticed lately is that I keep bumping into the same players online ('Blue I'm On Your Side' I'm talking to you).
While I'm not 100 % sure whether this is the right place to start this thread, I wondered whether there're any other Touch Arcade users who play their fair share of Galcon online that I might have bumped into...
I thought perhaps we could say our Galcon name and rank, and if anyone's really keen, set up a match or two to see who truly rules Touch Arcade.
So I'll kick things off:
Alza123 is my username, and I'm currently ranked as an Admiral.
Please, this is my first thread, so if you have anything to say, let's not make this awkward for me - contribute
Galcon sucks. I played the Lite version and deleted it within minutes. "Oh my god look at the triangles, wait!, now i got more triangles!" I don't see why everyone likes this game...

EDIT: sorry about the typo...

Last edited by Everydaynormalguy; 10-24-2008 at 08:13 PM.

10-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Hmmm. I can understand that, but to explain I'm going to have to admit I told a white lie above
I have played offline, and found it to be really a dry experience. The computer is pretty predictable, and all that changes the speed it makes decisions, from what I can tell.
After about five minutes of that, I went online, and have never looked back.
It's just incredible, trust me on that.
You have to make sure that you do not expand too quickly, or a wily opponent will know your forces are spread, and eliminate you.
But you have to expand, because planets generate the 'triangles' you're talking about, and obviously those are the whole point of the game.
I'm an international relations student, and I think this game is a really good metaphor for a realist approach to military power - people never decide to live in peace in Galcon. Peace is only temporary, and the wish to expand sees war break out again. If you have access to a wireless network then seriously you should be playing this online
10-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alza View Post
Hmmm. I can understand that, but to explain I'm going to have to admit I told a white lie above
I have played offline, and found it to be really a dry experience. The computer is pretty predictable, and all that changes the speed it makes decisions, from what I can tell.
After about five minutes of that, I went online, and have never looked back.
It's just incredible, trust me on that.
You have to make sure that you do not expand too quickly, or a wily opponent will know your forces are spread, and eliminate you.
But you have to expand, because planets generate the 'triangles' you're talking about, and obviously those are the whole point of the game.
I'm an international relations student, and I think this game is a really good metaphor for a realist approach to military power - people never decide to live in peace in Galcon. Peace is only temporary, and the wish to expand sees war break out again. If you have access to a wireless network then seriously you should be playing this online
Sounds reasonable. Still, u know what's better than triangles? Circles...I dont know what it is about a circle but it just feels right, you know?
10-24-2008, 08:26 PM
It has those too... But seriously. Rank and name. I'm keen to prove I own these pages - Armbruster! Bring it, Galcon-style
10-24-2008, 09:40 PM
user name: mek

65% win ratio lieutenant (i use to be ranked higher (admiral) but it looks like the server reset and i dont play it as much as i initially did)

Last edited by mek; 10-24-2008 at 09:43 PM.
10-24-2008, 09:48 PM
galaxyman.

Anytime... I play on a regular basis.

Good game. Like the triangles. HAHA.
10-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Username: Wabaam
D: LOL well i'm not bad i just dont play so much, kinda like maybe 15 rounds per week.
10-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
user name: mek

65% win ratio lieutenant (i use to be ranked higher (admiral) but it looks like the server reset and i dont play it as much as i initially did)
Excellent. I've played you before. You might not remember. I would have been the one you destroyed
10-24-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm Your Mom, or YourMom. I forget which.