★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ant Hive Games
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 21.3 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *****65 levels of challenging puzzle action!*****
Most Innovative Game Category nominee -International Mobile Gaming Awards.

Clever gameplay mechanics; lots and lots of levels; cool art style. -Slide To Play

The Line is a new innovative action puzzle game that requires a heavy dose of both logic and skill.

In the Line you meet Eddy who is confined to the line from which he was spawned. As his guardian you are tasked with protecting him from the many dangers he will encounter as he makes his way ever forward.

This is done primarily by drawing and erasing lines from his environment to find him safe passage. In addition to fire and ice spells to control his speed, you will also have access to catapults and bumpers to shoot him over and around danger.

Along the way you will encounter 55 logic filled puzzles wrought with a host of hazards, including electrical beams, burning coils, acid droppers, angry slugs, explosive mines, and deadly sharks.

AntHiveGames's comments:

All the Ants from the Hive are humbly joining me to announce the release of The Line v1.0 for iPhone and ipod touch in the iTunes App Store. It took a little time but we finally got approved by Apple so let's open a bottle of champagne (it's actually beer) while reading about the game.

The Line is a new innovative indie game in which you will help Eddy, a little line being, who will have to collect blue orbs and progress from level to level. Your role will be to keep him safe and guide him by drawing and erasing the lines that composes his world. You can also set him on fire to go faster or freeze him to stop for a few seconds.

WARNING: The Line is very unique, a bit retro looking and extremely challenging.
The game is currently running for the Independent Game Festival and IndieDB Indie of the year(vote for us ).

Youtube link | Pop Up

11-22-2010, 12:32 AM
This looks terrific.

11-22-2010, 02:24 AM
As we are already hard working on the update, we are very interested in feedback, suggestions and things you find annoying in the game so we can improve it as soon as possible.
The next update will include Game Center, more levels and a multiplayer mode.
11-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Is there going to be an iPad version, or are there plans to make it universal?
11-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntHiveGames View Post
As we are already hard working on the update, we are very interested in feedback, suggestions and things you find annoying in the game so we can improve it as soon as possible.
The next update will include Game Center, more levels and a multiplayer mode.
My suggestion is to start figuring out what to do with your prize money. This is an excellent IGF entry; innovative, indie spirited, and challenging. Good luck!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
11-23-2010, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin View Post
Is there going to be an iPad version, or are there plans to make it universal?
We are currently finishing the iPad version. We plan on submitting it by the end of the week or early next week.
11-23-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
My suggestion is to start figuring out what to do with your prize money. This is an excellent IGF entry; innovative, indie spirited, and challenging. Good luck!
Thanks for your optimism and cheers. I sure hope the jury will think the same :-)
We're all stressed and excited about it here.
11-30-2010, 08:57 PM
I hope you can update the game to make it support iPhone 4 high resolution.

Extensive Knowledge of CBT. Just send me a PM!
12-01-2010, 05:50 AM
The update is on the way. Right now, we are trying to find a solution to get the high resolution in while keeping a small file size (under 20mb).
We're also getting the iPad version ready and will probably submit it Friday.

While I'm at it, i wanted to let you guys know that The Line made it to the second round of the IOTY on IndieDB and is now part of the Top100 indie game of the year!
The second round will select the Top10 and the votes are open and raging HERE.
Give us some vote to support innovation in games!

With all our thanks!
AHG