★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Battletaire 1.02 Released

03-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Battletaire 1.02 Released

Hi all,
I'm the developer of Battletaire which has been compared to Picross and Jabeh. In Battletaire you are given clues to the location of the hidden ship pieces in each row and column of a grid. From the given clues you can find the location of the 10 hidden ships. Once all the ships have been located, hit the Fire button to see if you've correctly found all ships.

This new version allows you to turn off sounds and vibration. A much asked for feature. Another option is to automatically fill with water all empty rows and columns when you start a new game. This reduces the amount of tapping you have to do. For the diehards, you can turn this option off.

For a tutorial on how to play the game, watch this movie.

Thanks to all who have tried Battletaire. And positive reviews are always appreciated. I'm already busy working on the next version!

Peter
03-20-2009, 02:12 AM
I have it just waiting for the swipe to fill in update before I revist it again.

03-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Hey mrbass,
I'm working on it :-)

Thanks
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
I have it just waiting for the swipe to fill in update before I revist it again.
04-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Version 1.10

Hey mrbass,
Apple just released Battletaire version 1.10. This version includes the feature to swipe your finger across a row or column to turn multiple unknown grid pieces to water pieces and vice versa. The row/column hints and Ships in Fleet numbers turn red when you've targeted enough ship pieces to satisfy the hints or ship types. Plus, when you've lost a battle you can now toggle between the grid where you targeted the ships and the solution grid. These new features were great suggestions by our users so thank you.

In case you missed it, Apple highlighted Battletaire in their New and Noteworthy section for the week of March 30th! Thanks to all who've tried Battletaire. As always, we appreciate your great suggestions and reviews.

Thanks,
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desired Logic View Post
Hey mrbass,
I'm working on it :-)

Thanks
Peter
04-09-2009, 02:01 AM
New features sound fantastic. ^ ^

I'll revisit this game, been meaing to give it another look.

I got stuck on one of the levels and ended up neglecting the game for a few days.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
04-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Yes I know only had quick go with it tonight. Will give impressions how it plays tomorrow as now I finally feel like completing quite a few levels. Also noticed how the number of ships turns red once they've been met. No I don't ever plan on using the hint system but guess it's nice for those who like it there. Very sweet...pretty much perfected it controls, etc.
04-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks mrbass. Looking forward to your comments.

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Yes I know only had quick go with it tonight. Will give impressions how it plays tomorrow as now I finally feel like completing quite a few levels. Also noticed how the number of ships turns red once they've been met. No I don't ever plan on using the hint system but guess it's nice for those who like it there. Very sweet...pretty much perfected it controls, etc.
04-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Hey Donburns99,
Hope the new features help. There is still one more I'm planning on in the near future. That's an undo system so you can try out a path and if it doesn't work, revert to your last good state.

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
New features sound fantastic. ^ ^

I'll revisit this game, been meaing to give it another look.

I got stuck on one of the levels and ended up neglecting the game for a few days.