★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Caster- upcoming (submitted) 3rd person shooter

03-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Caster- upcoming (submitted) 3rd person shooter

Quote:
Caster involves running, jumping and shooting your way around the environments while collecting energy balls and destroying enemies. The game includes deformable landscapes as well as an upgrade system for movement and weapons.

"For me, the value of getting Caster on the IPhone is the challenge of taking something that has no business being there and making it shine.

And shine it will!… (if nothing else, from the glare you get when you tilt your IPhone into the sun)."

See Front Page iphone game video demo.

Youtube link | Pop Up

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 03-18-2009 at 04:02 PM.
03-18-2009, 03:37 PM
this reminds me of megaman somehow. :P

03-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Woot! Looks sweet. A mega man kind of look but with world of warcraft kind of enviroments. Sign me up! As long az its priced reasonable of course

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2
03-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Looks like a platformer/shooter. This is gonna be one of my rare expensive ($3+) impulse buys. Well, if they add vehicles in there Love to take a chopper for a spin! OH! OH! Be able to crash the chopper into other players, maybe???
03-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Love the simplistic style and downloaded the free Mac demo.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
03-18-2009, 04:53 PM
The graphics looks great so I hope the gameplay can match it.
03-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Played the Demo on PC and I think I'm going to buy the full version now. It is really fun and I will be buying it when it comes out for the iPhone and iTouch.

EDIT: I bought the full version and it is pretty fun and awesome. Dev says that once you buy it you will get free new updates or "episodes" (im talking about the computer version but i hope he'll do the same for the iphone one too) so im excited for when that comes out.

Apps iLove: iBooks, Podcasts, Tweetbot, Reeder, Instapaper, SoundHound, MLS Live
Games iLove: Real Racing 2, Minecraft, Fieldrunners 2, Great Big War Game, FIFA 12
GameCenter: PeterM11

Last edited by PeterM11; 03-18-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: new info
03-18-2009, 06:54 PM
This game looks like it's going to be a ton of fun.

Count me in.

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2
04-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Caster (indie 3ps) Submitted!

My twitter feed was graced with a message from indie game dev elecorn that Caster, their 3rd person shooter was submitted to Apple this past weekend.

Here's the game description from their site:

Dash across Scenic Locations destroying bug like creatures called the Flanx using 6 Unique Attacks that include Massive Terrain Deformation and High Speed Barrages of Energy Blasts! Caster is an episodic game that presents an intense 3rd person action shooter experience with pulse pounding music that will keep you wanting more!

Check out the gameplay video on Elecorn's blog.
http://elecorn.com/blog/

Hopefully it gets swiftly approved. Next up, hopefully Infinite Ammo's Heroes + Villains.
04-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Cool! I loved the game on the computer. any clue how much it will be?

Apps iLove: iBooks, Podcasts, Tweetbot, Reeder, Instapaper, SoundHound, MLS Live
Games iLove: Real Racing 2, Minecraft, Fieldrunners 2, Great Big War Game, FIFA 12
GameCenter: PeterM11