★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Robot Unicorn Attack Christmas by Adult Swim

11-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Robot Unicorn Attack Christmas by Adult Swim

Coming to the store tomorrow. Kotaku has the scoop.

http://kotaku.com/5695595/robot-unic...acks-christmas

99 cents. Also, it's Game Center.
11-22-2010, 02:26 PM
This looks much more promising than Heavy Metal. Although, I really wish they'd port a better game like Corporate Climber. Their iPhone selection is slim pickings imo.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

11-22-2010, 02:29 PM
If they'd released the alternative versions of the game as cheap-ass in-app purchases, I'd probably buy them. Buying a separate app? No dice.
11-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
This looks much more promising than Heavy Metal. Although, I really wish they'd port a better game like Corporate Climber. Their iPhone selection is slim pickings imo.
We've learned that we can pretty accurately gauge how well a game will do on iPhone by how well it's done on the website. Earlier on we did port some other games thinking they'd be better on iPhone or would be well-received on the platform...but, they didn't meet with the kind of traffic we hoped they would. Corporate Climber is a great game, but I do not think it'd be quite right for iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurao View Post
If they'd released the alternative versions of the game as cheap-ass in-app purchases, I'd probably buy them. Buying a separate app? No dice.
Christmas is going to be 99 cents. How much cheaper-ass than that were you thinking an in-app purchase would be?
11-22-2010, 02:36 PM
the music and arent isnt half as good as any of the previous ones tbh. this isnt very original and/or extreme
then agaIn, the first two were pretty darn awesome.

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

Last edited by jak56; 11-22-2010 at 02:41 PM.
11-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCeej View Post
We've learned that we can pretty accurately gauge how well a game will do on iPhone by how well it's done on the website. Earlier on we did port some other games thinking they'd be better on iPhone or would be well-received on the platform...but, they didn't meet with the kind of traffic we hoped they would. Corporate Climber is a great game, but I do not think it'd be quite right for iPhone.

Christmas is going to be 99 cents. How much cheaper-ass than that were you thinking an in-app purchase would be?
How about the reloaded version of 5 minutes to kill yourself? It seems to be a great sequel to the previous one actually having variety.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
11-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
I was thinking $.99, and was more or less referring to Heavy Metal, as that is, what, $1.99?

My main point, though, was that I don't want to have several icons on my device, for what is basically the same game with a different skin. If they were IAP and $.99 each, I'd buy at least one.
11-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurao View Post
I was thinking $.99, and was more or less referring to Heavy Metal, as that is, what, $1.99?

My main point, though, was that I don't want to have several icons on my device, for what is basically the same game with a different skin. If they were IAP and $.99 each, I'd buy at least one.
i could not agree more. this is one of the main reasons why i'm hating the angry birds reskins, because i'm gona have to have three seperate apps for essentially one game. if i could have all three reskins of rua in one app, i would probably pay, but if no, then i don't see myself getting it.
11-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Send a message via MSN to GHRocker08 Send a message via Yahoo to GHRocker08
Quote:

What I think he means is that it would be easier to have an all-in-one instead of having to load separate apps since it's all pretty much the same engine, just skinned and audioswapped. It's a similar concept to Song Imports in the Music Game genre on consoles.
11-22-2010, 06:43 PM
YAY another RUA! the problem is i got the normal, heavy metal, now the xmas one is comming...why not make RUA have in app purchases and a option in the menu to switch the themes? that way there is only 1 app lol...