★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What are you still playing?

07-26-2008, 07:54 PM
What are you still playing?

The store's been out for what, two weeks? Which games still hold your attention? Which have been deleted or left to rot?

I've been playing a lot more of Trism than the other games. I can't play more than 1 song of Tap Tap before getting bored again for a few days. Aurora's a little too simple (as far as I can tell) to get into it except to enjoy the music.
07-26-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm still playing

Aurora Feint, the new patch really helped out the new tiles that have different abilities mix things up. AF email: vegantnt@gmail.com

Imangi, it's a great game to really focus on, I usually play in the morning after I check my rss feeds

Galcon, I like to dominate a galaxy or two during commercial breaks

Cookie Bonus Solitare, great game for when I have time to waste and want to chat with people at the same time (I play the free iphone version on fatfreegames.com not the $5 app)

I also have scrabble and hold'em but I don't play them very often anymore

07-26-2008, 11:22 PM
My wife and I have been addicted to Spinblox since the store opened. She played a lot of the free web app version and I think the native version is really polished.

Great for puzzle game lovers, in the same vein as tetris, wario's woods, columns, etc.
07-27-2008, 02:35 AM
I still play MotionX poker from time to time.

I have a harder time going back to games because I'm trying a lot of new ones. But I still have desire to go back to South Park Imagination Land.

arn
07-27-2008, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
I still play MotionX poker from time to time.

I have a harder time going back to games because I'm trying a lot of new ones. But I still have desire to go back to South Park Imagination Land.

arn
you should do it arn!

imagination land got an update the other day that tweaked the controls to let you move butters slightly to the left and right while he's flying by tilting the iphone. I was wondering if it makes control tighter or if it is a negligible addition
07-27-2008, 09:52 AM
I bought a LOT of games, but I'm still playing Dizzy Bee and De Blob... I just love those two games! In third place comes Texas HoldEm only to practice my skills (I got into the whole Texas HoldEm craze a couple of years ago in real life and was doing good until I got wiped out financial at the end of 2007! So now it's only virtual HoldEm games for me.)
07-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to matt
I keep finding myself getting lost for hours in Vay. I have never really been that big of a classic RPG fan but the game is fun.

I also keep playing Crash Kart, Dizzy Bee, and De Blob.
07-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genshi View Post
I bought a LOT of games, but I'm still playing Dizzy Bee and De Blob... I just love those two games! In third place comes Texas HoldEm only to practice my skills (I got into the whole Texas HoldEm craze a couple of years ago in real life and was doing good until I got wiped out financial at the end of 2007! So now it's only virtual HoldEm games for me.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
I keep finding myself getting lost for hours in Vay. I have never really been that big of a classic RPG fan but the game is fun.

I also keep playing Crash Kart, Dizzy Bee, and De Blob.
I also continue playing Dizzy Bee. Each level can be played in a matter of seconds allowing for easy "pick up and go" moments.
07-27-2008, 11:37 PM
aurora feint! Love that game.
HoldEm- just now getting into it
I have about 10 games, I'm kinds going back and forth, but I definitely LOVE aurora feint.

(this is my first post on toucharcade. I'm on macrumors too though)
07-28-2008, 02:10 AM
I got about 20 games on my iPhone, and about 6 or 7 more that I've taken off the iPhone because they weren't that great. The game that I find myself going to the most is MotionX's Dice Poker. The level of polish and replay value in this game is truly amazing. It highlights what the iPhone can do. The achievements "Gems", the different dice you can unlock, the sound effects on different tables, the menu, the graphics, I could go on and on, but in essence I consider it the most impressive, and fun, game on the iPhone.

Next up is Cube Runner. It's so simple, yet so fun. I find myself doing a quickie while waiting for my food to arrive at a restaurant, while in the car (not driving, of course), while waiting for a commercial break to end. The game loads up fast, plays fast, and quits fast. Perfect for the quickie.

Labryinth would be next up. I've been playing this one a lot in the past couple of days, and I'd consider it perfect if they add the sound effect and animation when it falls into a hole. As it is now, it's a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

Aurora Feint would get a lot more play time from me, but it kept crashing on me for the longest time. It wasn't until today that I had the brilliant idea to not only delete it from iTunes, but also the iPhone, and redownload the latest version. This solved my problem, and fully loads up now. Like MotionX's Dice Poker, this game oozes pure awesome. Like everyone else, I can't believe this one is free. Very solid, great looking game, that is a ton of fun. Further updates hints at a promise of an immense game down the line.

Zen Pinball Rollercoaster has also been getting a lot of playtime from me the past couple of days. Great modeling of a pinball machine in the iPhone, and the tilt effect adds to an already fun pinball game.

I haven't spent much time with Dizzy Bee yet, I just got it yesterday, but I plan on digging into it since so many here seem to enjoy it. Aqua Forest is pretty nice, but I don't find myself going to it very often. Games that I'm not impressed with are De Blob and MotoRacer. MotoRacer just feels wrong, and its more frustrating then fun. I have a bit of buyer's remorse with it, but to be fair, it was my first game purchase and it was before I discovered TouchArcade.