★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Full Fat
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 50.0 MB
  • Version: 1.8.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3.7 (3)
App description: Play the most addictive golf game on the App Store! No. 1 Sports Game in over 100 Countries! "Impossible to put down" - EUROGAMER

No clubs. No rules. Flick, spin and curve your shots to sink the perfect hole in one.

Watch out for hazards! Bunkers, trees, sand and wind will all challenge your skills as you drive for the high score.

Flick Golf is just the most fun you'll have on the fairway, but practice makes perfect! The questions is, can you master it?

"Full Fat Games have done it again but this time they have produced the best of 'em all." - APPYZILLA
"Will keep you coming back for more again and again." - TOUCH REVIEWS
"Flick Golf has taken me completely by surprise. This is a truly great reimagintion of portable golf and I highly praise Full Fat for having the guts to blaze new ground." - NO DPAD
"Full Fat has picked up the ball-flicking baton from PikPok, laid it on the ground, and taken a nine-iron to it." - POCKETGAMER
"The game looks great with beautiful hole landscapes for each location all rendered in retina quality 3D. These are some of the best looking graphics yet on iOS devices which look so realistic." - iPHONE APPLES

Full HD resolution on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Retina Display.
Course graphics recreated for a new generation - Flick Golf now looks better than ever!
Full iOS 8 support.
Variable weather conditions.
Incredible controls for in-flight spin and curve.
Stunningly realised 3D environments.
Game Center leaderboards and achievements.

HELP: www.fullfat.com/support
VISIT: www.fullfat.com

LIKE: facebook.com/fullfatgames
FOLLOW: twitter.com/fullfatgames
WATCH: youtube.com/fullfatgames
11-23-2010, 04:59 AM
Flick Golf - Golf Reinvented

Many said it wasn’t possible, but move over Tiger... Flick Golf is the most fun you’ll have on any fairway! We’ve added our trademark spin control, created the most beautiful hole-in-one courses around and what you have is the most addictive Golf game ever.

No clubs. No rules. Just flick, spin and curve your shots to try and sink that perfect hole in one. But be careful, watch out for the usual hazards... bunkers, trees, sand... oh, and of course the wind.

It’s not that easy, just madly addictive! Get Flick Golf!

• Try to shoot the perfect score in Quickshot mode.
• Play World Tour, from the USA’s West Coast to Japan in the Far East.
• Varying wind from the lightest breeze, to full on gales!
• Incredibly accurate in-flight spin control.
• Stunningly realised 3D environments.
• Integrated Openfient leaderboards and achievements.
• Full high resolution Retina Display graphics for iPhone 4.
• Listen to your own music while you play!

Available now on the AppStore

Company Website: www.full-fat.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/fullfatgames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/fullfatgames
Facebook: www.facebook.com/fullfatgames

Keep up to date with Full Fat Games

Last edited by fullfatgames; 11-23-2010 at 06:00 AM.

11-23-2010, 05:41 AM
Game Impressions

Let me get this out of the way first: this isn't a "proper golf game." There are no proper courses, comprising of varying holes. In fact, it would appear that each "course" is only a single (par 3) hole at which you shoot from varying angles and distances. 9 times, and that's your "round."

While I won't pretend I wouldn't really like to see a "proper" golf game made with this engine, this isn't it.

If you can get over that "disappointment" though, (depending on your expectations) what IS here is nothing short of outstanding. Absolutely perfect control, physics, just the "feel" of the whole thing is absolutely spot on from the moment you flick your first shot. Learning the game and getting better equates to learning the behavior of the ball and what control you have over it (and when.) And it is fantastic. There's almost no "interface" between you and the game to speak of. It is intuitive, natural, direct; to the highest extent possible: you forget it's there.

All up the game's a joy to play. To simply flick, adjust for wind/distance, attempt to influence the direction of your ball in flight and upon landing. It's one of those games where it is simply fun to DO. Whatever it is you're doing.

I can't help going back to the thought of how great a proper golf game would be with this engine and controls. And wow, online multiplayer added to THAT and really I probably wouldn't need another game for a couple of months. This though, for what it is, fully deserves anyone's attention.

Last edited by Gabrien; 11-23-2010 at 05:51 AM.
11-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Well, if you put it like that Gabrien....... Sold, downloading now.
11-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Was the iPad version also released? Just wondering if I will be able to buy it tonight.

Edit...looks like the iPad version will be out by weeks end.
11-23-2010, 07:46 PM
@fullfatgames: Any tips on achieving gold medals in Career mode? I keep getting only silver medals on Beginner and Amateur, and bronze on Professional.
11-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
@fullfatgames: Any tips on achieving gold medals in Career mode? I keep getting only silver medals on Beginner and Amateur, and bronze on Professional.
I'm finding cracking the gold medals really tough as well. I suspect though, it's just a matter of practicing to get better. There is a large "feel" factor to this game, and that sort of thing usually improves with practice.

One tip in case you haven't discovered it already: short, quick strokes work best for affecting the ball while in flight and after landing.
11-24-2010, 12:41 AM
Personally, and as a sucker for lots of golf games, I bought this, but I am actually disappointed in this offering. You get nine shots at the hole and there's like a bulls-eye and you get points as to how close you get to the hole! [Yawn] BFD! Kind of a dis-jointed feeling to the game and it doesn't IMO offer up much fun, either. Considering how many really good golf-type games there are in the appstore, this is boring and I just don't like it. I've already deleted it!

Last edited by bigrand1; 11-24-2010 at 12:51 AM.
11-24-2010, 01:41 AM
Hmm, sounds like an interesting concept but not fully realized. Plus it's gonna be a hard sell with Let's Golf 2 going for only 99cents now.
11-24-2010, 02:02 AM
The concept of golf is almost completely lost; I was expecting a flick-game that challenged you to the cup within a minimal number of shots (a.k.a. 'normal' golf) but like FF's other games, this also is just another high score game.

I do think it's very, very polished (including the loading screens) but feel an additional mode would do the game the justice it deserved.

OpenFeint / Gameloft ID: KiranB28
Hooked On: Cut The Rope, Bookworm, Samurai II
Reckless Racer, Modern Combat 2 (add me!)