★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: "A Skeleton Story...The Game" EPISODE 2!

11-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
"A Skeleton Story...The Game" EPISODE 2! ***Free for a limited period!***

A Skeleton story...The Game is now available on the App Store with its new major update!

This includes a new world called "The Land of Memories" with these new features:
1) New game world with new graphics
2) New weapons like Shotgun, Ice Bomb and Bazooka!
3) 3 New tricky obstacles and TNT Boxes
4) Combo Bonus and Double Jump added
5) Daily and Weekly Leaderboard added

Thank you to every member of the TA-Forum who helped us in developing this new update! I hope you all will enjoy this new game!

See you on leaderboards!!!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/a-skeleton-story-the-game/id383377228?mt=8#

iTunes Screenshots:

Last edited by kflab; 12-01-2010 at 09:24 AM.
11-23-2010, 11:51 PM
any takers? Would love to hear an opinion about this game and its latest update. I'm in love with the art but not quiet sure about the gameplay since a revieweer on the App Store said that it's crap.

11-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Is this based off of the YouTube video? I made that video and it got 80k views, but I deleted that account a few months ago for a few reasons.

Editor at iPhone Alley - Complete re-launch coming soon!
64GB black iPhone 5 - 32GB black 3rd-gen iPad
11-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
looks like nobody got this game. glad I passed on it.
11-24-2010, 05:51 AM
@yongkykun I'm happy you like the art meanwhile don't bother about the old reviews because with the new update the gameplay is really different ;)

@MICHAELSD If you are talking about our old gameplay video then this version is totally different with a lot more tricky things :D

@crex don't worry you are not alone. Other 7000 players are already playing this ;)
11-24-2010, 06:30 AM
I decided to get the game for two reasons:
The art was just too appealing and the dev was very involved in the forums, listened to the gamers and made changes and improvements as requested.

I do not regret the purchase! The art is amazing. Opening scene is good enough for a movie and made me wish that this indeed was a movie. You get wallpapers that you can unlock by progressing through the levels that get progressively harder. You get limited lives and once it's game over your score is reset but you can restart from the last level.
The controls are pretty good. It's basically jump button on the right and shoot button on the left. Once you catch the cat you can spend collected coins on upgrades like speed, jumping distance, health, weapon streangth, bullets, etc.
I know this game coped quite a bit of criticism for bad controls, but new controls are quite responsive. From what I can see in the menu, there are 3 areas. Two available from the beginning and third one needs to be unlocked.
I can easily recommend this one for the art alone.

Edit. @kflab what is the requirement for unlocking the third area?

Last edited by eugekava; 11-24-2010 at 06:33 AM.
11-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
I decided to get the game for two reasons:
The art was just too appealing and the dev was very involved in the forums, listened to the gamers and made changes and improvements as requested.

I do not regret the purchase! The art is amazing. Opening scene is good enough for a movie and made me wish that this indeed was a movie. You get wallpapers that you can unlock by progressing through the levels that get progressively harder. You get limited lives and once it's game over your score is reset but you can restart from the last level.
The controls are pretty good. It's basically jump button on the right and shoot button on the left. Once you catch the cat you can spend collected coins on upgrades like speed, jumping distance, health, weapon streangth, bullets, etc.
I know this game coped quite a bit of criticism for bad controls, but new controls are quite responsive. From what I can see in the menu, there are 3 areas. Two available from the beginning and third one needs to be unlocked.
I can easily recommend this one for the art alone.

Edit. @kflab what is the requirement for unlocking the third area?
@[eugekava] Thank you so much for this kind review! We are so glad that you appreciated this game and that you had fun playing with it!!!
Regard the third world it will be a possible future update with new features (if the things goes well with the actual version)
11-24-2010, 07:14 AM
Thank you for your reply. Hopefully things go well and this game becomes even more successful.
One suggestion I'd like to make is perhaps making the buttons a little bigger. May be even keep the buttons the same size but increase "active" area around the button so that even if I miss the shoot or jump button slightly I still press on it. I miss the shoot button from time to time. Not a big problem though.
11-24-2010, 08:21 AM
We all hope this game will go well!
Anyway we will keep this in mind for our next update and will surely make this modify.
Thank you for the suggestion
11-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kflab View Post
@MICHAELSD If you are talking about our old gameplay video then this version is totally different with a lot more tricky things
No, I had an original animated video titled "A Skeleton Story" on YouTube that was fairly popular, gaining around 100k views. I deleted that account and video a few months ago, but just curious if this was based off of that since the title is the same . Guess not since you don't know about it .

Editor at iPhone Alley - Complete re-launch coming soon!
64GB black iPhone 5 - 32GB black 3rd-gen iPad