★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Walnut JZ
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 8.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Doodle Wars 2" is an Unique Real-time strategy game,each unit has its own specail skill, get ready to build your army to destroy your enemy in this brand new version of strategy game!

- Original 3D Doodle RTS gameplay
- Unique units control system - optimized for your to iPhone and iPod
- Ultimate AI which will never give you a break
- Fog of war
- Many unique units
- 16 levels
- Beautiful hand drawn graphics,smooth animations
- Realistic sound effects
- Best, smoothest, fastest interface of any iPad strategy game
- Super easy to user interface

We had a lot of fun creating this game and hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
11-25-2010, 02:26 PM

This is seriously the last time that I buy an app because it LOOKS like it would be fun. There is no kind of tutorial, written or in-game.

I managed to figure out how to make a miner. Made two, sent them to the crystals on screen, one started digging and the other one circled like a moron. So I sent the moron exploring and I found, just outside the fog-of-war to the right of where I started, a group of 4 or 5 enemy miners going to town on a crystal. All together, no problems for them. I set my moron miner to dig on their crystal for a bit before deciding to bring him back to my crystal and see if he would play nice with my other miner.

Nope. Circled moronically.

So I ignored him and tried to use the money to buy a barracks. It wouldn't let me. So I tried the other building, which was a power plant. Turns out you need a power plant placed to make a barracks. Who knew? I didn't because there's no tutorial. Perhaps if I had played Doodle Wars 1, I would have known. So I finally had a barracks built, and set it to make 3 soldiers; all I could afford. Right after they popped out at least 20 enemy troops came in and wiped me out. Start to finish, this all took under three minutes. On normal.

I still like the look of it, but that learning curve is a cliff. If my miners won't work together, there is no way to keep up with the enemy, much less get ahead of them.