★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Don't let the 'classic' look of the game fool you, Super Color Spectrum Runner is an enjoyable throwback game of Survival.

Run on to infinity collecting Pellets to stay alive as you avoid blockades, Cyclops, and the ever relentless Munchers! The further you travel through time, the further you evolve up videogaming's genealogy.

It's sure to be an experience you've never had before.. and with new updates planned, the game just keeps getting better and better.

Super Color Spectrum Runner was created by renowned game designer Aaron Calta. The game was built to be a simpler form of Pac Man, one that plays nice with the touch screen interface of the platform.

We sincerely hope you enjoy. Please send any comments, suggestions, or other communication to rttmcomments@gmail.com.

mrWalrus's comments:

Gameplay

Youtube link | Pop Up

Tutorial

Youtube link | Pop Up

Introduction

Youtube link | Pop Up

SUPER COLOR SPECTRUM RUNNER

Is a 'runner' style game done differently.

Objects continuously appear on screen. Some power the player up, like Pellets and Batteries. While others are obstacles like enemyGuys and Munchers that hurt the player if touched.

There are four different paths the player is able to run on at any one moment, allowing the player to avoid being hurt. The runner is also able to strike back though by use of the Charge button.

The Bally Astrocade, Colecovision, Odyssey 2, and ZX Spectrum were big influences to me growing up. So with this title I really tried to make a game that reminded me of something I would have played as a kid. Super Color Spectrum Runner is a simple, but fun experience with some new-age flair. I think you'll like it.

I couldn't get the frame rate down enough to have the game play properly on older devices, so I decided to focus on making use of the Retina Display. The style is super simple, but the crispness of the images really pop on the 4th generation devices.
11-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Congrats on a very-fast turnaround! I look forward to playing this one!

11-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Definitely checking out this bad boy.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
11-24-2010, 05:10 PM
I got an iPhone 3Gs, but could i play this on my iPad?
11-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprone View Post
I got an iPhone 3Gs, but could i play this on my iPad?
You can actually run it on any ARM7 device. That includes iPhone 3GS and iPads. I just say the bit about the RETINA DISPLAY, because that were the game looks best.

I'm putting together an iPad version and hope to have it done soon.
11-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrWalrus View Post
You can actually run it on any ARM7 device. That includes iPhone 3GS and iPads. I just say the bit about the RETINA DISPLAY, because that were the game looks best.

I'm putting together an iPad version and hope to have it done soon.
Ok, thanks for the explanation! Since i saw the Special Note on the Store saying it is only for Retina displays, i wanted to be sure i could play it anyway.
And i'm looking forward to the iPad version! Keep up the good work and good luck with your sale!
11-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprone View Post
Ok, thanks for the explanation! Since i saw the Special Note on the Store saying it is only for Retina displays, i wanted to be sure i could play it anyway.
And i'm looking forward to the iPad version! Keep up the good work and good luck with your sale!
Thanks a ton! I need all the luck I can get on this one. The bill collectors are getting hot on my trail.

Last edited by mrWalrus; 11-24-2010 at 06:40 PM.
11-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrWalrus View Post
Thanks a ton! I need all the luck I can get on this one. The bill collectors are getting hot on my trail.
I'll try to take a few of them down with me, as they'll be stopping by my place 1st
11-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Any chance of getting a gameplay video?
11-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurao View Post
Any chance of getting a gameplay video?
Here's a video for the intro.

Introduction

Youtube link | Pop Up

I'm working on getting videos of the rest.

Last edited by mrWalrus; 11-29-2010 at 11:07 AM.