★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hottest Game for $5?

03-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Hottest Game for $5?

Here is my dilemma...

Just want one game...
Love TD games, and enjoyed Sentinal lite...
Loved Oregon Trail in grade school, but am skeptical of the lack of strategy (too easy?)
Loved Sim City as well back in the day, plus it's on sale...
Starting to become intruiged by Sway...
No interest in Zen Bound.

Anyone like to throw in thier 2 cents? What would you choose?

Thanks!
03-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkalkut View Post
Here is my dilemma...

Just want one game...
Love TD games, and enjoyed Sentinal lite...
Loved Oregon Trail in grade school, but am skeptical of the lack of strategy (too easy?)
Loved Sim City as well back in the day, plus it's on sale...
Starting to become intruiged by Sway...
No interest in Zen Bound.

Anyone like to throw in thier 2 cents? What would you choose?

Thanks!
Get 7 cities. It's definitely the best TD. I got for $5, but is on a buck sale. A dollar is an amazing steal for it. Buy it, you won't regret it.

I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEW IPHONE AHHHH I WANT IT SO BAD I'M PRETTY SURE I'M THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO STILL USES THE ORIGINAL IPHONE 2G.

03-18-2009, 11:14 PM
If you like puzzles, get Edge...easily worth more than 5 bucks.
03-18-2009, 11:21 PM
These threads never cease to make me glad that the iPhone came out at my current age. Never have to worry about "zomg I only have $4.52 left on my itunez onoes".

I have no input, but know that I sit here snickering to myself... whilst eating a milky way.
03-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
These threads never cease to make me glad that the iPhone came out at my current age. Never have to worry about "zomg I only have $4.52 left on my itunez onoes".

I have no input, but know that I sit here snickering to myself... whilst eating a milky way.
Come on, you have to have at least one $5 game in mind.
03-18-2009, 11:25 PM
i would go for rolando or sway those would be my choice
03-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Ok, since you said $5 and listed some games, my pick is Let's Golf ($1 more I know).

For the games you mentioned:
-Sway is really REALLY good and completely unique, but it is still limited in length IMO
-7 Cities, Creeps, and GeoDefense are all VERY good TD games, and they are cheap
-Zen Bound is sweet even though you aren't interested
-Oregon Trail - I passed on this for now because I really wanted the challenge of the original. I hope they update it to correct the oversight.
-Sim City - Just didn't see the point. Too much going on for me to enjoy it with limited screen real estate.

Hope that helps you!

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen
03-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Come on, you have to have at least one $5 game in mind.
Well, I have a number of them, but not one in particular. He made no mention of card games, but Orions is excellent. I'm not a huge fan of Sway gameplay. I just got Payback after the new update, I enjoy it but he made no mention of action games.

As far as TD games, I have all but Sentinel as I think it is lacking in content. I have Fieldrunners (yes I know that lacks in content as well, but I got it on sale), geoDefense, 7 Cities, The Creeps. I play geoDefense the most as it is the most challenging and has a bunch of different levels that each require strategy to beat. And guess what? It's just a buck.

I enjoy Bounce On, it's $4 right now.
I enjoy Archibald (probably one of my favorites)
If you like games like bejeweled and puzzlequest, try out Aurora Feint. (The Arena, more specifically)
03-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Wild West Guns and Sway are the two $5 games I'd narrow your decision down to.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
03-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Rolando, Payback, Sway.
In that order.