Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-26-2011, 09:22 PM

And how would you know? Obviously your snipping shows how selective you are in listening/reading... I gave my reasons for being peeved - the game was already on discount. If one buys a game in its original price, he is aware of the risk he is skipping a possible sale. If a game is already on sale, he is aware of the risk he is missing a sale if he doesnt buy at that time, that was what happened to those of us who bought at the 2.99 "sale".

Like i said, i am disappointed that instead of rewarding fans who bought earlier by having a launch sale on the DLC, they chose to screw us instead. Those who buy now are practically getting the DLC for free.

I have sentinels 1 & 2, plus some other origin8 titles. I sure won't buy anything this developer put out that isn't 99cts in future.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufogeek View Post
And how would you know? Obviously your snipping shows how selective you are in listening/reading... I gave my reasons for being peeved - the game was already on discount. If one buys a game in its original price, he is aware of the risk he is skipping a possible sale. If a game is already on sale, he is aware of the risk he is missing a sale if he doesnt buy at that time, that was what happened to those of us who bought at the 2.99 "sale".
Have to agree with you there. Normally I wouldn't care but I purchased S3 the a few days ago at 2.99 seeing it was at a discounted price.

Come back 2 days later and see it was discounted to .99c

I really hate how developers are getting away with this, its unfair to others who are mislead into thinking something is on sale only to see it decreased again.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:58 PM

2 things:

1) How do you destroy the egg spawns (posted this in the sale thread by accident today).

2) Are the upgrade prices for some towers different from iPad to iPhone? I could've sworn that the higher upgrade price for the missile tower is 330 on the iPhone, but it's 300 on the iPad.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:05 PM

after playing for a while lvl 12 seems to be abit hard
Old 05-26-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufogeek View Post

Like i said, i am disappointed that instead of rewarding fans who bought earlier by having a launch sale on the DLC, they chose to screw us instead. Those who buy now are practically getting the DLC for free.

I have sentinels 1 & 2, plus some other origin8 titles. I sure won't buy anything this developer put out that isn't 99cts in future.
The game is very easily worth $2.99 and I don't have a problem paying a developer an extra two dollars for a game that is well worth the price. At the same time, I payed $9.99 or a lot of games early on that quickly dropped to $6.99 or $4.99, and I never got mad at the developer. They're not trying to hurt anyone, they're just trying to make money off their games. If they go back and refund money to Everyone who bought a day before the sale, then everyone who bought two days before would want a refund. The way I see it, if I felt the game was worth buying at the price they were asking, then I got what I paid for.

Last edited by NBM05; 05-26-2011 at 10:10 PM..
Old 05-26-2011, 10:07 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Thanks Origin 8.. Another winner!!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repair Drone View Post
Edit, beaten by Origin8

The DLC is attached to your iTunes account, so as long as you're using the same account on both devices you should be fine. When you select "buy" on the second device you'll get the "Are you sure?" pop-up as if you're going to be charged, but if you hit "Yes" it'll then check your account and notify you that it'll be downloaded for free. It's a bit annoying that the check isn't earlier, as it does seem like you will be charged twice at first.

This is also the case if you change devices or wipe and reinstall - it shouldn't let you pay twice for the same DLC on one iTunes account.
Thanks. I hoped that was the case, but it's good to get some confirmation.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:14 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraivyne View Post
Have to agree with you there. Normally I wouldn't care but I purchased S3 the a few days ago at 2.99 seeing it was at a discounted price.

Come back 2 days later and see it was discounted to .99c

I really hate how developers are getting away with this, its unfair to others who are mislead into thinking something is on sale only to see it decreased again.
Same here. I bought the game at full price soon after it was released and was seriously pissed off when only about 2 weeks later they dropped the price.

Talk about a kick in the teeth for early adopters. A promo code by way of some sort of compensation would've been nice. Thank you Origin8, that'll be the last time I ever buy one of your within hours of release
Old 05-26-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBM05 View Post
The game is very easily worth $2.99 and I don't have a problem paying a developer an extra two dollars for a game that is well worth the price. At the same time, I payed $9.99 or a lot of games early on that quickly dropped to $6.99 or $4.99, and I never got mad at the developer. They're not trying to hurt anyone, they're just trying to make money off their games. If they go back and refund money to Everyone who bought a day before the sale, then everyone who bought two days before would want a refund. The way I see it, if I felt the game was worth buying at the price they were asking, then I got what I paid for.
You are obviously missing the point that I (and a few others here) are making. If 2.99 is the original price, then we will not be so pissed, but 2.99 was the discounted price (3.99 is the original price), so those who bought at 2.99 expected the price to go up before coming down (because it was stated in the description as the discounted price that we should get it at).

Hell, I am not even asking for a refund, if anyone wants to, they can just "report a problem" with Apple. I am just being vocal about why I think this is the wrong way to screw your fans.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 PM

Now getting back to the game itself, what is really pissing me off are the following:

1) the DLC is very intrusive with the blinking "NEW" buttons all the time. Will they ever stop blinking after some time? I don't remember S2 DLC being intrusive at all.

2) after beating the Campaign, replaying is a chore because the mission pointer is always at the last mission - if you want to restart from mission 1 with a different difficulty level, you need to keep a mental note about which mission you are at.

3) Endless is a bit pointless - the xp yield is still way too low (so if you are grinding for xp, don't do it here, redo the campaign), and there is no indication on your performance such as number of waves survived (so if you are grinding for best survival, you don't get any feedback at all).

4) GC integration is not there, you need to exit and run the GC app to view leaderboards/achievements.