Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Developer

No change to the high score displays in this update, sorry! Of course you can still check your Endless and Classic high scores through Openfeint and GameCenter.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:07 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repair Drone View Post
In the next update, completed levels and difficulties will be marked with a star

I'm glad you're finally adding this feature, it really extends the lifespan of a game imo.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Developer

The update is now live! Start earning those stars
Old 08-18-2011, 02:41 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default Long time player, first time poster.

I think all of the Sentinel games are fantastic! I'm completely hooked on 3! I have a few comments/feature requests that I'd like to share.

1. On endless, once I get up in the 150+ levels and have more money than I'll ever spend, is there a way to make it so that any tower I place is automatically fully upgraded? It gets so tedious to tap-tap-tap upgrade every tower I place every time. Once I get really high on levels, I switch around Snipers & Beams to get the most use out of every slot.

If this is not possible now, let me suggest this as a feature request.

2. I'd like to know people's thoughts on when placing a booster is better than just another tower. IE, how many towers does a booster need to be connected to for it to make more sense to boost those towers rather than just add another tower. I am mostly curious about beams and snipers, but I suppose it would be similar for any tower.

My personal belief is 5 towers minimum. For beams, with a 20 morale, a non-boosted beam does 2520 damage, while a fully boosted beam does 2940, so 5*420=2100 damage. Combine that with the increased range and firing rate, and I think it evens out. But I'm not sure and would appreciate any comments.

3. Any chance of making the line laser only shoot straight rather than always go after the lead bad guy? I know this has been discussed in this thread earlier (I've been reading the whole thing over the past couple days).

I'm very glad to have found others who are as crazy about this game as I am! Thank you Origin8 for a great game!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Developer

Both the main game and the Campaign 2 DLC expansion pack are currently ON SALE for a limited time - a thousand Openfeint users voted for us in this week's Fire Sale!

Both the base game and Campaign 2 are $0.99 at the moment, save 3 bucks on the normal price.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:23 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Sweet, I already have both, but those that don't should pick this (and the IAP) up right now!
Old 09-25-2011, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemysteriousman View Post
I think all of the Sentinel games are fantastic! I'm completely hooked on 3! I have a few comments/feature requests that I'd like to share.
Thanks!

Quote:
1. On endless, once I get up in the 150+ levels and have more money than I'll ever spend, is there a way to make it so that any tower I place is automatically fully upgraded? It gets so tedious to tap-tap-tap upgrade every tower I place every time. Once I get really high on levels, I switch around Snipers & Beams to get the most use out of every slot.
A great idea, but on iOS our biggest problem is keeping the interface and controls simple and intuitive. How would you like the controls for this to work?

Quote:
3. Any chance of making the line laser only shoot straight rather than always go after the lead bad guy? I know this has been discussed in this thread earlier (I've been reading the whole thing over the past couple days).
This is something we've had big discussions about, and how it changes the tactical way that it's placed and how it's used if it were to only shoot straight. In some situations it's more effective to be like it currently is, and in some it's better if it were to shoot straight all the time. I think if we did implement a tower that locked to a direction at this stage, it would be a completely new tower.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:29 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin8 View Post
A great idea, but on iOS our biggest problem is keeping the interface and controls simple and intuitive. How would you like the controls for this to work?
Maybe a slider somewhere to set the default level of placed towers?
Old 09-26-2011, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
Maybe a slider somewhere to set the default level of placed towers?
Sliders take up a lot of space, unless it was in the options menu, which would make it a bit annoying to access.

How about adding a 'max upgrade' button to the UI that pops up when you select a tower? This will require you to still tap a tower once, but it means the main UI stays clean, and is much better than having to tap the tower->upgrade 3 times...
Old 09-26-2011, 03:41 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin8 View Post
Sliders take up a lot of space, unless it was in the options menu, which would make it a bit annoying to access.
But if it's once per game, of 150+ levels, how annoying can it really be?

Maybe, instead of a slider, a checkbox labeled "Max upgrade". If checked, you automatically upgrade new towers to the max level you can afford.