Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-20-2011, 03:14 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin8 View Post
Sliders take up a lot of space, unless it was in the options menu, which would make it a bit annoying to access.

How about adding a 'max upgrade' button to the UI that pops up when you select a tower? This will require you to still tap a tower once, but it means the main UI stays clean, and is much better than having to tap the tower->upgrade 3 times...
I like the idea of a max upgrade button that pops up, but would prefer it just be automatic.

My original thought was just have it be automatic after you achieve so many levels or earn so much money. IE, once you reach $100,000, automatically auto-upgrade every tower. Maybe have this as a choice in the settings screen (on/off, or type in a $ amount above which all towers are auto-upgraded).

IE, at levels 150+ when I have millions of dollars and can never possibly spend it all, I will always want every tower fully upgraded.

I really appreciate your considering this and look forward to whatever update you decide to implement!
Old 01-04-2012, 03:47 PM

Can anyone give me strategy advice for Lvl 20 of Campaign 1 on Medium? I lose my gates by wave 60s-70s, and get overrun by wave 80s, even though there are not many empty spaces left.

I use everything except for Beam, Flame Thrower, and Missle. I mainly use Sentinel Missles, Napalm, and Ressurection.

I only have enough cash to upgrade my Laser and Bomb to the max level. I try to have a Booster connect to almost all weapons. I hardly ever have enough for upgrading Line Laser and Sniper.

My Commander is currently on lvl 13. I have only played the Medium Campaign so far.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudd View Post
Can anyone give me strategy advice for Lvl 20 of Campaign 1 on Medium? I lose my gates by wave 60s-70s, and get overrun by wave 80s, even though there are not many empty spaces left.
Hmm, the fact that you haven't many empty spaces left makes me think you're placing too much emphasis on buying new towers at the expense of upgrading existing ones. Upgrades generally have a better cash-for-destruction ratio than new towers and the top tier upgrades are very powerful.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repair Drone View Post
Hmm, the fact that you haven't many empty spaces left makes me think you're placing too much emphasis on buying new towers at the expense of upgrading existing ones. Upgrades generally have a better cash-for-destruction ratio than new towers and the top tier upgrades are very powerful.
As I mentioned, my main weapons are Laser and Bomb, and all of them are upgraded to max. Should I used less of them and more of the other expensive weapons (Line Laser and Sniper)?

I tried to place slow towers all over to make sure to cover most of the paths. Is it better to upgrade them, instead of spamming them?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Absolutely, 3 bursts is better than one single slow burst. Allows you to slow more at once.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudd View Post
As I mentioned, my main weapons are Laser and Bomb, and all of them are upgraded to max. Should I used less of them and more of the other expensive weapons (Line Laser and Sniper)?

I tried to place slow towers all over to make sure to cover most of the paths. Is it better to upgrade them, instead of spamming them?
Yeah, if you're using a lot of the $20 Lasers you should look into experimenting with the more expensive towers. Go to the Armory and tap the weapons in the top slots and you'll be able to see damage and cost for each upgrade level. Lasers fire fast but they only do 15 damage at max upgrade, when the first level Beam does 300.

Everybody plays differently, but I generally only use Lasers right at the start. Remember to sit on your cash as long as possible - don't spend if your tower setup is coping easily! The interest earned can really make a difference.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Developer

I'm going to be cheeky and plug Sentinel 3 on another platform: it's now available on the PC from Impulse right here. If you've got any iOS-less friends, let them know
Old 05-25-2012, 07:25 AM
Developer

Heads up, we've put Sentinel 3 down to $0.99 for a few days, Because We May The Mac and Android versions are also on sale, for all you platform traitors
Old 05-25-2012, 07:29 AM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repair Drone View Post
Heads up, we've put Sentinel 3 down to $0.99 for a few days, Because We May The Mac and Android versions are also on sale, for all you platform traitors
That should persuade people who don't already have to get it now but what I'd like to know is when you'll be optimising Sentinel 3 to support the iPad 3's retina display?

I used to play Sentinel 3 a lot and was one of the early adopters when it first came out but have been spending more time on Kingdom Rush as Sentinel 3 hasn't been updated since August last year.

Last edited by DelBoy2181; 05-25-2012 at 07:31 AM..
Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Developer

We don't have any current plans to update Sentinel 3 with iPad Retina, though we'll of course be looking to support it in future releases (including one new project that's bound to be of interest...)

While we'd like to get iPad Retina in we're a tiny team so manpower's really tight. The Sentinel series plus Space Station is by just two guys, one being the artist who's needed on all our other projects. While the iOS version has been quiet, the sole Sentinel coder has been dealing with Mac, Android, and Windows versions of the game, plus an awful lot of behind the scenes stuff.