★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sean Duffy
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 19.2 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3.5 (2)
App description: ***********
Appvader: 4/5 "Detailed graphics and swarming aliens in an action packed package of space destruction"

Cosmosis is an action packed, arcade style 2D space shooter, featuring stunning space backdrops and awesome parallax scrolling backgrounds.

Unknown aliens have launched a life threatening attack on various human colonies across the galaxy. It is up to you to intercept incoming waves of aliens destroyers, who protect massive bomber warships (bosses), en-route to our surviving outposts and systems.

Cosmosis features great space backdrops and graphics, fluid gameplay, and awesome particle effects. Destroy enemies to gain score, pickup new weapons and bonus items for your ship whilst you attempt to thwart the alien invasion in Campaign mode. Otherwise, try out the Survival mode for a relentless, action packed session against increasingly difficult waves of alien ships.

Compete with others online on the leader boards and earn other great achievements with OpenFeint integration.

- Features 12 action packed levels (plus one bonus level) with stunning graphics and backdrops.
- Survival Mode - nonstop relentless action. Compete for the highest possible score.
- Unique alien enemies to fight, along with powerful bosses!
- Many different powerups and bonus items to collect.
- Smooth graphics and stunning particle effects.
- OpenFeint achievements and scoring
- Arcade-like, 2D space shoot-em-up action!

Shoganator's comments:
Hey guys, I am the developer of Cosmosis. I developed this game on my own, spending many late nights over months coding this in my spare time. My normal job is as an IT Infrastructure engineer so unfortunately making games isn't part of my day-to-day job - I hope you enjoy this game!

Cosmosis on the App Store

Here is a youtube video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnJCuaCOJzo

Cosmosis is an action packed, arcade style 2D space shooter, featuring stunning space backdrops and awesome parallax scrolling backgrounds.

Unknown aliens have launched a life threatening attack on various human colonies across the galaxy. It is up to you to intercept incoming waves of aliens destroyers, who protect massive bomber warships (bosses), en-route to our surviving outposts and systems.

Cosmosis features great space backdrops and graphics, fluid gameplay, and awesome particle effects. Destroy enemies to gain score, pickup new weapons and bonus items for your ship whilst you attempt to thwart the alien invasion in Campaign mode. Otherwise, try out the Survival mode for a relentless, action packed session against increasingly difficult waves of alien ships.

Compete with others online on the leader boards and earn other great achievements with OpenFeint integration.

Some screenshots:

- Features 12 action packed levels with stunning graphics and backdrops.
- Survival Mode - nonstop relentless action. Compete for the highest possible score.
- Unique alien enemies to fight, along with powerful bosses!
- Many different powerups and bonus items to collect.
- Smooth graphics and stunning particle effects.
- OpenFeint achievements and scoring
- Arcade-like, 2D space shoot-em-up action!

For those of you in the States, here are a couple of promo codes - please drop me a review on the app store if you use one

E937KHJXHYRL
XFXAMA9343TA

Hope to get your guys support, so please enjoy, and feel free to post any feedback you may have here... I'm hoping touchArcade will do a review for it sometime soon!
11-25-2010, 05:46 PM

11-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Woot, thanks for correctly linking my gameplay video there arta Couldn't figure that out at first!
11-26-2010, 07:31 PM
New & Noteworthy - Action games!

Hi guys,

Cosmosis is now in the New & Noteworthy section for Games - Action!

Go grab a copy and give it a go, its definitely worth the $0.99!

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/cosmosis/id404662019?mt=8

I will be actively supporting it and adding more levels and features in future versions for free
11-26-2010, 08:49 PM

11-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Game Impressions

Had a go on this app a little earlier after browsing around here - this is a great shootemup. Love the variation of levels and esp. Survival mode Gets tough after a while though!
11-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys

Could I ask the people that have given Cosmosis a go to drop me a review on the App Store? Looking for feedback and feature requests for the game and the next update

I will be adding Accelerometer control, some more levels, more awesome powerups and new special effects for the "Nuke" powerup on the next update among other extra features!

Thanks again,
Sean
12-07-2010, 10:35 AM
This game borders on being tedious. Waves and waves of boring straight-moving enemies that hardly shoot back. Even the boss puts up zero challenge.

The only thing I found myself struggling with was the controls. There desperately needs to be a relative touch option. As it is, the controls feel more like an invisible joystick, and are floaty and imprecise.

Throw in some decent controls, and it will at least have decent appeal as a casual shmup.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
12-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Comosis is FREE

@strivemind, thanks for your valuable feedback. I am actually busy working on an update that adds accelerometer control as we speak. This will be out with 1.1 as well as tons of other improvements - for example powerups that float across instead of being dropped in one place.

Also did you try the other bosses? They do get tougher to fight - especially Level12's final boss.

If you haven't already, try turn on the "Joystick" option in the options menu. I am kicking myself for not leaving this on as default for the first release - but its an easy change to make. You are actually right on the money the controls are exactly that - an invisible joystick - you just have to make it visible in the options.

PS everyone - Cosmosis is now available FREE! Please go grab a copy and drop your feedback here.

My published games/apps - Cosmosis - an action packed 2D space shooter, Zombie Contacts - Zombie defense using your Address Book contacts, Hazard Island - Increasingly faster platformer dodging action

Last edited by Shoganator; 12-07-2010 at 11:11 AM.
12-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
This game borders on being tedious. Waves and waves of boring straight-moving enemies that hardly shoot back. Even the boss puts up zero challenge.

The only thing I found myself struggling with was the controls. There desperately needs to be a relative touch option. As it is, the controls feel more like an invisible joystick, and are floaty and imprecise.

Throw in some decent controls, and it will at least have decent appeal as a casual shmup.
This basically mirrors my own experience as well.

@Shoganator: accelerometer control for shmups is a welcome option, but those who prefer it appear to be well in the minority. Any shmup these days that doesn't have relative touch control option is basically a non-starter. Turning the joystick graphic on helps, yes, but relative touch is still much preferable.

Your real problem though, is that the game is just dull and way too easy. Adding relative touch controls won't fix this; in fact will only make it worse as with more precise control the game becomes easier still.

I think the game needs to be reworked from the ground up; starting with better control and then adding completely new enemies, objects, obstacles, behavior, to make the game more...well...interesting. Don't know if it's worth the trouble to you, but it appears to me like you are working hard enough right now, on something that is seriously flawed at root, which doesn't strike me as being a better option.