★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Vans SK8: Pool Service–approved by Apple

03-19-2009, 03:25 AM
Vans SK8: Pool Service–approved by Apple

I promised I'd let all of you know once I had more details to share about our upcoming game Vans SK8: Pool Service.

I've just finished submitting this to Apple and it should go live shortly after they approve it.

We'll have an "official" announcement once it's approved but until then I'm happy to share whatever information you'd like to know. We have posted a bit of information already on our blog and plan to continue our series of Developer Diaries in the coming few weeks - http://www.fuelgames.com/

We also posted the official trailer a couple weeks back (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ89B5kVcC0&fmt=18) as well as a gameplay test a couple weeks before that (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqlcSCB5_dE&fmt=18)

We believe this is one of the first true action sports games available for the iPhone as it immerses you into a full 3D environment, allowing you to ride as either Bucky Lasek or Omar Hassan. You can perform 13 tricks (actually I think there might be 14 now ), and compete in 10 different events all the while unlocking numerous boards, wheels and earning achievements.

Vans SK8: Pool Service will be sold for $4.99

I hope you enjoy the game, and feel free to ask if there's anything else you'd like to know.

Brian Robbins
Founder, Riptide Games, developers of Ultimate Battle Zombies, My Pet Zombie, Mini Monster Smash, iLookApps, Bop It! and more.
03-19-2009, 03:41 AM
I'm looking forward to this, and have been since you first announced it. My guesstimate is probably Friday night. Can you tell me the Application file size? If not I can wait until the release. Thanks, can't wait.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

03-19-2009, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Can you tell me the Application file size?
I don't know what the final file size will be once it goes through the packaging process for Apple. The .zip file that I uploaded is just over 60MB. In addition to the core game content, we also have a couple videos to be unlocked as well as 5 music tracks from some great independent bands (Methadones, Penuckle, Slowride and Dwarves).

Brian Robbins
Founder, Riptide Games, developers of Ultimate Battle Zombies, My Pet Zombie, Mini Monster Smash, iLookApps, Bop It! and more.
03-19-2009, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubane View Post
I don't know what the final file size will be once it goes through the packaging process for Apple. The .zip file that I uploaded is just over 60MB. In addition to the core game content, we also have a couple videos to be unlocked as well as 5 music tracks from some great independent bands (Methadones, Penuckle, Slowride and Dwarves).
This sounds like it's going to be a hit! I will give you my impressions as soon as I get a chance to buy it.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
03-19-2009, 05:42 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
awesome
Can't wait
this game looks to be awesome

Lockscreen Wallpaper Creator
03-19-2009, 07:55 AM
I tend to like the lower priced apps.....BUT......I am all over this one. The youtube video was short but from what I see....its looks insane! And seems easy to control as well!

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2
03-19-2009, 09:45 AM
That's about tops of what I've paid recently for some proper "overhyped" apps! But I'm getting the feeling that this one will be up there with some of the best. Some great music too, it's gonna be a long week...
03-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Looking good! Are you planning on taking advantage of the 3.0 changes to offer expansions later? Like for new locations and such.

Last edited by Almy; 03-19-2009 at 10:36 AM.
03-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Aahhhh, yes!! So excited.

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2
03-19-2009, 09:41 PM
I have a few questions:

1. Is there only one pool to skate in? If so, will there be any updates providing more?

2. Can you get sponsors?

3. Is there any story mode at all?

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2