★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ALSEDI Group
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 3.5 MB
  • Version: 1.3.0.945
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: ON SALE NOW!!!

Join the war to conquer Illuria in this classic fantasy strategy game. Any combination of up to eight humans and AI players can battle it out for control of the map - it's your choice.

The mission is simple - to eliminate the other sides by capturing their cities. But victory is never easy - it can only be achieved by building massive armies, training and equipping mighty heroes, befriending legendary allies , and exploring the deep dark secrets hidden within Illuria's ruins.

So make your choice! Will you lead the Sirian Knights, the Gray Dwarves, the Storm Giants, the Orcs of Kor, the Elves of Elvallie, the Horse Lords, the mysterious Selentine Empire or the evil Lord Bane? Whomever you choose, fortune and glory await!

FAQ:
Q: Why does not Warlords save the game?
A: Warlords does automatically save the current game on end of turn, before and after the battle and on exit.

Q: Why do I have to play only one game? How start a new game?
A: Currently "Load Game" is only available on starting the application. This means to start a new game or load saved game you have to close the application. If your iDevice running iOS 4.x you have to tap home button, wait for home screen, double-tap home button, tap-n-hold Warlords in Multitask area in the bottom of the screen, tap (X) on Warlords and run it again. The ability to get to Main menu will be added in next update.

Q: Only one map?
A: Since Warlords Classic is a Warlords 1 port, the only one original map Illuria is currently included.

Q: Where is "Fog of war" option?
A: Since Warlords Classic is a Warlords 1 port, and the "Fog of war" was introduce in Warlords II, it is not implemented in Warlords Classic.

Update: We are currently working on an update will bring more not yet implemented original features to the game.
11-26-2010, 03:38 AM
3,5 mb? 5 bucks? Uhm.... I am wondering if this is the real Warlords.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

11-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
3,5 mb? 5 bucks? Uhm.... I am wondering if this is the real Warlords.
One wonders if Steve Fawkner now works at a developer called ALSEDI Group, known for such classics as Perfect Clock Lite. LOL

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
11-26-2010, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
One wonders if Steve Fawkner now works at a developer called ALSEDI Group, known for such classics as Perfect Clock Lite. LOL

Yeah...

ALSEDI could have licensed it, but I don't think so.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
11-26-2010, 05:18 AM
Damm that's real old school, and thats a good thing IMO. But. Is this app better than playing it on the dospad emu via iPad or similar speed and content?

Personally I'd rather play old school and classic pc games or dos games on the iPad than modern flash games as longs as they are intuitive with food controls and same content. Anyone agree?

Last edited by Stirolak26; 11-26-2010 at 05:21 AM.
11-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Aw man, I remember playing this a ton on my Amiga a long, long time ago. Too bad this particular app doesn't look like the real deal. Steve Fawkner's Puzzle Quest has already been ported to the iPhone so maybe there's hope for a real Warlords port in the future.

@Stirolak: I wouldn't mind playing old school games on an iPad but it would be nice if there was a mode with updated graphics and maybe even some new twists on game play i.e. Space Invaders: Infinity Gene
11-26-2010, 07:09 PM
I got this game from them months ago when it was called Knights.
Here is the webpage

http://www.desktop-control.com/iphone/knights/

Looks just like a rename and re-release. I've played Knights, it seems like a faithful version of Warlords 1.

Rixx

EDIT: Web page for Warlords Classic:

http://www.desktop-control.com/ios/warlords/

()() Favorites: Sword of Fargoal, Rogue Touch
( '.') Slay, Titan VG Edition, Hero Academy [ID:Rixx]
(('')('') GameCenter: TK656

Last edited by Rixx; 11-26-2010 at 07:31 PM.
11-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Hello,

It's true, ALSEDi has licensed Warlords 1 for iOS devices. The Warlords Classic is a port of original Warlords (I am still playing with humans PBEM). However, the original port known as Knights was a modified version (modified map, Fraction names etc), but Steve Fawkner liked it to be reverted back to originals.

The current version is not a complete port (we have not yet ported Artifacts and Production Loc, Temples). This will be done in next versions.

PS. PerfectClock Lite is far-far not our best product on AppStore. Our leading products are abcNotes and iK Calendar.

Warlords Classic redeems for you:
Y7LRMNHLFP9R
4PPX96L496RX
WJF74EFE3HFX
H6WLMXY33R3F
PMA79M96P4AW
WFJAXX9TJXTW
EX93N3RX6XA6
MYHXRM4JN4FJ

Regards,
Grig Uskov.
ALSEDI Group.

Last edited by ALSEDI Group; 11-27-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: redeems added
11-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the thread!
I took MYHXRM4JN4FJ, as I already bought Knights.

Glad to know its an official port and that you communicate with Steve.

I know that will make TA people happy
Oh and updates coming will also make people happy

OK TA, Its a licensed port!

Good luck,

Rixx

()() Favorites: Sword of Fargoal, Rogue Touch
( '.') Slay, Titan VG Edition, Hero Academy [ID:Rixx]
(('')('') GameCenter: TK656
11-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Using EX93N3RX6XA6 now. Thanks!