★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How do I use Openfeint to transfer save games?

11-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Send a message via MSN to Sierra275
How do I use Openfeint to transfer save games?

Is it true that you can use Openfeint to transfer save game data between devices? Coz I'm getting a iTouch4 soon, and I have a lot of games which I've sunken a lot of time into.

Sierra275 on Gameloft Live, Openfeint, Gamecenter, and most other social gaming networks on the iTouch.
11-26-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm not sure about Open Feint, but if you do a back-up of your old iPod it saves app data, then just click something like "Set up from old back-up" and your old data will be transferred to your new iPod.

Worked for me.

OpenFeint/Game Center/GL Live/Agon: ActiveX Crystal: DirectX Plus+: SpikeyDirect
11-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra275 View Post
Is it true that you can use Openfeint to transfer save game data between devices? Coz I'm getting a iTouch4 soon, and I have a lot of games which I've sunken a lot of time into.
It is true; however, it's a feature a game can implement (or not implement) rather than something you can do to transfer save games. Games that support it should do it without you needing to do anything.

Alien Swing is available from the App Store now!
Follow my development blog at Mr Jack Games
05-13-2011, 11:07 PM
How to transfer OpenFeint/Game Center?

Hello people, I just got an iPad 2. I have a iPod 2nd Generation, and I want to transfer all my names off OpenFeint/Game Center to my iPad 2. Does anyone know how to do this, or can it be done? I would think there should be a way since we are in 2011 you know.....anyways please someone answer me when you can! Thanks!
05-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrown519 View Post
Hello people, I just got an iPad 2. I have a iPod 2nd Generation, and I want to transfer all my names off OpenFeint/Game Center to my iPad 2. Does anyone know how to do this, or can it be done? I would think there should be a way since we are in 2011 you know.....anyways please someone answer me when you can! Thanks!
There's some steps outlined here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341974

i'm a pretty kitty cat