★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I think 2d boy figured out the app store iPad sweet spot

11-26-2010, 10:17 PM
I think 2d boy figured out the app store iPad sweet spot

It is launching for $10 a pop:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ws.asp?c=25485

That's not cheap ESP for a game that has been out for a while on multiple systems. This really shows the iPad staying power in gaming vs the casual nature of iPhone app store. Anyone agree? It makes no sense infinity blade or aralon shouldn't be at least this price if not more, and IMO should have launched for the iPad first to get the most cash flow and later appear cheaper on iPhone.
11-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottColbert View Post
I don't care aout whatever stirolak is saying but WORLD OF F****** GOO!!!! ON MAH IPAD!!!!!

NERDGASM!!!

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten

11-27-2010, 01:00 AM
Never played it but don't see how an old indie game ported to every device should have an introductory price of $10 and survive or long.
11-27-2010, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirolak26 View Post
Never played it but don't see how an old indie game ported to every device should have an introductory price of $10 and survive or long.
Because it's worth $10, and would still cost around that on PC/Mac
11-27-2010, 04:32 AM
But I think the factbit is ipadmonly has to do with it as well. iPad games at higher prices seem to have more staying power and in general cost more. I think aralon and infinity blade would have had more profits had they came out iPad exclusive for at least a month and priced high. I bet at least one of them will be priced less than goo due to being on iPhone from the get go.
11-27-2010, 04:48 AM
Quote:
But I think the factbit is ipadmonly has to do with it as well. iPad games at higher prices seem to have more staying power and in general cost more. I think aralon and infinity blade would have had more profits had they came out iPad exclusive for at least a month and priced high. I bet at least one of them will be priced less than goo due to being on iPhone from the get go.
factbit is ipadmonely?

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
11-27-2010, 04:57 AM
Quote:
I think aralon and infinity blade would have had more profits had they came out iPad exclusive for at least a month and priced high.
I couldn't help but laugh at this, do you really think there are more iPads out there compared to the iPhone/Touch? More people owning iPhone/Touch means more sales than say a higher priced iPad game.
Take for instance Chaos Rings, any Gameloft game that made the original game HD -- which do you think would make more money?

Quote:
I bet at least one of them will be priced less than goo due to being on iPhone from the get go.
I doubt it. I'm pretty sure both games are universal.
11-27-2010, 05:49 AM
You guys seriously think there is a massive group of ppl who wants to play console or pc style complex games or games like infinity blade with challenge and large worlds on a phone? Ppl want doodle jump and stuff n the iPhone and other phones it is only on the iPad that there is potential for someday devs and I mean real devs as well as profits. I mean the iPad with its battery life and all could rival the psp and ds and even their successors if devs take up on it but who wants to play real games on a phone? And the few of you who do should also encourage this strategy as it would translate into real games being made as universal apps and such.

Last edited by Stirolak26; 11-27-2010 at 05:51 AM.
11-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Everyday you make a ridiculous thread talking about the iPad... just stop.

Currently playing Infinity Blade
Add me on Game Center! rottenappleipad
11-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
You guys seriously think there is a massive group of ppl who wants to play console or pc style complex games or games like infinity blade with challenge and large worlds on a phone? Ppl want doodle jump and stuff n the iPhone and other phones it is only on the iPad that there is potential for someday devs and I mean real devs as well as profits. I mean the iPad with its battery life and all could rival the psp and ds and even their successors if devs take up on it but who wants to play real games on a phone? And the few of you who do should also encourage this strategy as it would translate into real games being made as universal apps and such.
Those are fighting words there buddy. Please cool it.