★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: See how far you can race through traffic with your custom taxi. Swerving around cars to go as fast as you can, jumping over them as a last resort. Using all your concentration to get the highest score. See how you compare to the rest of the world!

Now with new locations to race at and a whole range of unlockable taxis for you to race. Now with a special Nitro upgrade feature to make your taxi the fastest out there!

One of the original and most popular online games can now be with you everywhere you go. Utilizing the accelerometer features this game was built from the ground up for your Apple device. There is the only game of this kind that was specifically made for your device, you will not find this anywhere else except on apple products.

"In What's Hot Category for Racing!!"
"New and NoteWorthy Category"

Mindfield's comments:

A) Why do people keep thinking they can get away with ripping off popular franchises?

B) Get a load of that description. Specifically the last paragraph. I'm surprised this app isn't larger with all the BS it contains.
11-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Surely Sega copyrighted that title years ago? I smell a short app store life for this pile of crap.

11-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Why do people keep thinking they can get away with ripping off popular franchises?
Because they do get away with it. C&Ds are really quite harmless.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
11-27-2010, 12:32 AM
This looks like a flash game I played, except with a taxi instead of a blue car...
11-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
Because they do get away with it. C&Ds are really quite harmless.
It might work with companies who aren't on the App Store, but Sega is and can easily have this yanked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktar View Post
This looks like a flash game I played, except with a taxi instead of a blue car...
It seems to be the same thing as Whacksy Taxi from a few months back, and it does seem to state that it's based on some nebulous "online game." I did find a similar game with the same name here, but I don't think it's by the same developer.

Either way the name is still a Sega trademark.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
11-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
It might work with companies who aren't on the App Store, but Sega is and can easily have this yanked.
Sure it might get yanked. But what is the penalty?

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
11-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
Sure it might get yanked. But what is the penalty?
Nothing, really, though if the dev does it repeatedly he could lose his dev license. Sega could sue for damages, but it probably wouldn't be worth it.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
11-27-2010, 03:00 AM
maybe this will help get Sega off their arse and finally give us the REAL Crazy Taxi on the iPhone.
11-27-2010, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senorian View Post
maybe this will help get Sega off their arse and finally give us the REAL Crazy Taxi on the iPhone.
Let's hope so...

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.
11-27-2010, 04:34 AM
See the title: Yay!
See the disclaimer: Oh..
See the first screenshot: Maybe it really is!
See the next few screenshots: Nope... no..... nooo.

Quite an emotional rollercoaster.

Though admittedly, if this were the SEGA Crazy Taxi, I wouldn't jump on it right away because the XBLA version of it, from what I tried, was awful... I don't remember the Dreamcast version nor the Arcade versions being that glitchy with such jumpy physics. Am I remembering wrong?

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。