★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: LightPoint 1.1 Update (Full/Lite) + HUGE SALE AND PROMO CODES!!!

11-27-2010, 02:55 PM
LightPoint 1.1 Update (Full/Lite) + HUGE SALE AND PROMO CODES!!!

***Happy Holidays from Castellana Game Studios***

***LightPoint 1.1 Just Released And On Sale For $0.99***

I'm proud to announce the release of the LightPoint 1.1 update for the lite and full versions of the game as well as a huge sale and 5 free promo codes.

What's New:
This brings to the lite version of the game 4 more free levels, the inclusion of 2 power ups and another type of block, a brand new level selector to choose any level you've already beaten or right where you left off, and various other fixes and tweaks.

For the full version of the game you get the brand new Survival Mode in either Arcade or Hardcore difficulty, Insanity Mode now sports either Arcade or Hardcore difficulty settings, the new level selector for either the original Arcade or Hardcore game modes, and also various other tweaks and fixes.

AppSafari: "...the premise is sound, if not outstanding, and the look and feel of the game are top-notch."

AppStore Reviews (Full Version):
★★★★★
"This is the most creative new puzzle game I have played in years. Every other game I have played can be, and usually is compared to another game. This is the first game I have played that when asked, "what's it like", I don't have anything to compare it to. It's addicting, challenging, and fun as hell! I would have been happy to pay $4.99 for it, and for 1.99 ........ GET IT!!! This game rocks!!"

★★★★★
"I have not been able to put this game down since the moment I bought it! I love the unique strategy of the gameplay, and the graphics and music are superb as well. By far my favorite game for the iPhone and guess what, it looks fabulous on my iPad too!"

★★★★★
"I love this game. using my memory at extreme speeds is a new experience in puzzle gaming. I tried the light version on my friends Iphone and had a great time, but the game really takes ooff on level 6 in the full version, new symbols strategy and challenges. I will be playing this game for a long time to come. Highly recommended!"

[/

PROMO CODES:
H4YN9PW67FWW
XK49ERNMRWWE
M3N9XTMXTAKY
FLRHPK47XL6H
3AFNKLJNYLXM

What's Coming Soon:
I will be redesigning the How To Play section of the game to make it easier to understand for new players so they can jump right in and get to some serious gaming!!!

I want to take the time to once again thank the community over here at TouchArcade and if you can come back on these forums and provide some feedback on the new update, I would very much appreciate it

Enjoy LightPoint and Happy Holidays!!!

11-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks, I got H4YN9PW67FWW.

11-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Thank you for XK49ERNMRWWE
11-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Codes gone.

Game looks slick and polished. Any gameplay vid to be posted soon?

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
11-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Codes gone.

Game looks slick and polished. Any gameplay vid to be posted soon?
Hey ColeDaddy,

Here you go buddy

BTW... I did this video in a rush on a tight budget so the gameplay you see recorded in this is from the iPhone Simulator. This is also the version 1.0 of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTI_9PFUIOg

Take Care!
12-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the code, just left a review. Interesting game - not sure I've played anything quite like it. Sort of a fast memory game, but a bit more complex than that. Once you get into the third level, you need to start remembering which runes can connect to others. Neat.

I think one suggestion I might have is that when you activate the LightPoint and then un-activate it, it's hard to tell whether it really activated/un-activated right away, and I sometimes double/triple hit it to get what I meant. Could you add a color - maybe glow green for activated and glow red for un-activated and ready to select runes?

Overall, solid graphics, good music and fun gameplay.
12-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondtime View Post
Thanks for the code, just left a review. Interesting game - not sure I've played anything quite like it. Sort of a fast memory game, but a bit more complex than that. Once you get into the third level, you need to start remembering which runes can connect to others. Neat.

I think one suggestion I might have is that when you activate the LightPoint and then un-activate it, it's hard to tell whether it really activated/un-activated right away, and I sometimes double/triple hit it to get what I meant. Could you add a color - maybe glow green for activated and glow red for un-activated and ready to select runes?

Overall, solid graphics, good music and fun gameplay.
Hey SecondTime... sorry about the massive delay.

Thank you very much for taking your time to do that review and post some feedback on this thread for me. Thats awesome.... Im glad you enjoyed the game.

In regards to your feedback, the marker or also referred to as "Your Glow" gets brighter and red when you activate your LightPoints to let you know as well. Version 1.2 is coming in the next week and it has a completely redesigned tutorial that points this out which is never talked about in the current version. If this is still an issue, let me know and I'll definately take a look. I want to make sure LightPoint is the best it can be and I appreciate any and all feedback

AppSafari gave it a 3.5/5 and the new 1.2 update catches up and addesses the remaining things they mentioned that held it back from getting a higher score and at the same time, bringing even more gameplay and features since the 1.0 version that was reviewed.

1.2 is coming very soon and here is a list of the features that made it in to this build...

Brand New 'How To Play' Tutorial:
A completely redesigned tutorial to teach you how to play the game while making sure you fully understand the concepts in an easy to understand guide.

Rune/Block Selector:
Just encountered a new rune during the game? Don't worry, pause the game, pull up the 'Extra Options' menu and access the new Rune/Block selector to view their descriptions during the game without leaving the current level.

Leaderboards Sync:
Did you get an awesome high score but weren't connected to the internet to post it to the Leaderboards? Now the Leaderboards will automatically sync your scores when connected to make sure your not left out of the ranks.

Minor Features:
-Your current rank in the world is now displayed in the Leaderboards for each game mode
-Minimum required iOS version is now 3.0
-Various tweaks and fixes

Thanks again!
12-13-2010, 02:52 PM
I tried out the lite version a while back and I still couldn't get the hang of the game. Thanks for putting in an updated tutorial. Hopefully, the new tutorial will also be carried over into the lite.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 12-13-2010 at 03:36 PM.
12-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
I tried out the lite version a while back and I still couldn't get the hang of the game. Thanks for putting in an updated tutorial. Hopefully, the new tutorial will also be carried over into the lite.
No problem ColeDaddy! Both the new Rune/Block Selector and the updated tutorial will also make it into the lite version as well.

I will be releasing 5 promo codes of the new version to the TouchArcade community who can be the first to answer a piece of gaming trivia. Since the game is on sale, I figured Id have some fun with this instead of blindly giving them out.

Keep your eyes peeled very soon for the announcement, it's coming soon...