★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Acceleroto
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 19.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: On sale for FREE! Christmas Air Hockey is brought to you by Acceleroto, developer of the #1 smash hit Air Hockey. See snowmen! Hear Santa! Christmas lights! Wreaths & ornaments! Get your holiday cheer right here! Super fun air hockey action with 12 Game Center and OpenFeint leaderboards & 25 achievements. Earn 1000 achievement points in Game Center AND OpenFeint. Tournament mode, great single player & two player action, and more! Grab this brand new hit from Acceleroto - developer of the #1 smash hit Air Hockey.

Play Christmas Air Hockey in 1 player mode with 6 difficulty options. Play in any level with the normal 1 puck or pick 2 pucks for extra fun. Youll see sweet new starburst special effects when you really get into the game. Pick 2 player mode to play against a friend on your device.

Challenge yourself with Tournament Mode! Start at 1 puck Kiddie Mode and advance through all the puck and difficulty options.

Merry Christmas from Acceleroto!

Acceleroto's comments:
Our game Christmas Air Hockey just launched!

Screenshots:

Description:

See snowmen! Hear Santa! Christmas lights! Wreaths & ornaments! Get your holiday cheer right here! Super fun air hockey action with 12 Game Center and OpenFeint leaderboards & 25 achievements. Earn 1000 achievement points in Game Center AND OpenFeint. Tournament mode, great single player & two player action, and more! Grab this brand new hit from Acceleroto - developer of the #1 smash hit Air Hockey.

Play Christmas Air Hockey in 1 player mode with 6 difficulty options. Play in any level with the normal 1 puck or pick 2 pucks for extra fun. Youll see sweet new starburst special effects when you really get into the game. Pick 2 player mode to play against a friend on your device.

Challenge yourself with Tournament Mode! Start at 1 puck Kiddie Mode and advance through all the puck and difficulty options.

You decide on your favorite leaderboard & achievement service. Christmas Air Hockey supports both Game Center and OpenFeint.

Merry Christmas from Acceleroto!

Grab the game while it's on sale for $0.99! Get it in the App Store:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/christmas-air-hockey/id399733138?mt=8
11-28-2010, 12:14 AM
The art is awesome. Good luck with the game guys!

Now Playing Broken Sword

11-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Not to thread crap but another air hockey game is adding Multiplayer via gamecenter Hopefully, it will be added soon to this
11-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Promo codes!

@Elimin8 It's a long story. Several have talked about it. It's easy to connect devices using Game Center, but extremely difficult to make the gameplay awesome on a game that moves this fast. Things happen in a game like this faster than in a FPS. For the internet games, network latency is too slow - even over wifi. None of the "major" hockey games have pulled this off...likely because no one wants to release something without outstanding game play.

Alright everyone, promo codes! Please let the thread know if you redeem one of these.

JL393FK77PWJ
AFKJTKEWH7K7
JEMYAPHHRL99

Please post what you think about it!
11-28-2010, 11:56 AM
grabbed AFKJTKEWH7K7
thanks
11-28-2010, 12:00 PM
All codes are disassembled
11-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Thank you, I took JL393FK77PWJ.

I'm pretty sure others will ask, but why another (3 now) stand alone app rather than adding the Christmas theme as an update? As far as I can tell the theme is the only difference from your other hockey games.

Looking for a Beta Tester? PM me!!
11-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLashes View Post
why another stand alone app rather than adding the Christmas theme as an update?
Great question. It's actually completely separate code from Air Hockey - the levels are called the same names, but the AI is different, the physics are different - every line of code is different. To get the Christmas themes right, I couldn't use Air Hockey as a base. This one does share some code with Doodle Hockey (the menu structure, for example), but the AI is still an evolution on that game...plus the particle effects are completely rewritten along with quite a few things under the hood.

Besides that, with all the new HD graphics & sounds in this one, there was no way to give this much Christmas awesomeness & stay under the iPhone's 3G 20MB app download limit.

Thanks - enjoy it!
11-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Ok, I see. Thank you for clearing that up.

Looking for a Beta Tester? PM me!!
11-28-2010, 03:55 PM
You're welcome! I'd love to hear what people think of the game. Please post any thoughts or feedback!