★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: "Shuzzle" - I'm 16, and built an app. What do you think?

11-28-2010, 04:05 AM
"Shuzzle" - I'm 16, and built an app. What do you think?

update coming soon

Last edited by aevers9084; 12-03-2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: fixing post
11-28-2010, 05:11 AM
hi,

your game and your website looks pretty polished and nice artwork too!
It reminds me a bit on shape-up (http://appshopper.com/games/shape-up-2)
is it like this? You might wanna consider to attach some promo codes for TA forummembers!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me

11-28-2010, 05:15 AM
It is kinda like that game but a lot nicer looking and way cooler. I'll be sure to attach some promo codes once this thread picks up!
11-28-2010, 05:29 AM
Does this game support Retina Display?

Extensive Knowledge of CBT. Just send me a PM!
11-28-2010, 05:31 AM
Yes it does support retina display. It looks amazing in it too!
11-28-2010, 06:01 AM
welcome to touchArcade

saw your game sitting in New & Noteworthy for some days now, I was wondering when we'd hear about it on this site! A few things..

graphics look extremely polished, but looking at the screenshots in iTunes I have no idea of how this game plays. There's a few pages w/ clumps of explanatory text but when flipping through several other games, it's hard to sit still and read the fine print.

You definitely have a very professionally polished product here, just juice it up somehow (lite version? youtube video?) and it will be easier to bite. Being in N&N is huge of course, and your story (16-yr-old dev) doesn't hurt either.

Good luck
11-28-2010, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the kind words and advice, which I will definitely try to apply. Hope you like it!
11-28-2010, 06:26 AM
Also! You might wanna politely contact a mod (like DaveMc99) and ask them to adjust your thread title. Only reason I clicked to read it was cause I recognized the name from N&N, but nowadays so many new games from no one in particular pop up that so many things get skipped over.

When I launched 180 I titled the thread simply that and no one looked at it.. started tweaking it and slowly it drew more attention. In your case you might say the price, mention N&N, 16-yr-old, contest, whatever you can squeeze in to a short burst of info (without looking too cluttered - use other thread topics as a unit of measurement)

Otherwise it just looks like "App 'X' by Developer #11219886"

..if you are honestly new to TouchArcade forums (I'm just judging by your post count), I don't know if you've lurked here already, but do so and learn the customs, it will help a lot

11-28-2010, 06:34 AM
I clicked it because I click everything that I dont know, since I am appstore-sick

If you throw in some Codes please be sure to attach them as a TXT file to your post as attachement. With this way only forummembers will be able to get the codes and you will get some feedback for sure. D*** lurkers give a **** - and they cannot post in here, they're only lurkers

Congrats to the N&N jump

But he is right! Ask a mod to change the title and throw in your N&N joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
11-28-2010, 07:30 AM
I've just played the game, and found out I'm apparently not all that good at matching shapes under stressful condition

Maybe you could create an additional mode for the game, where the goal is to match colors, and you get a bonus for matching shapes. Kind of opposite of what the normal game is

I also just found a bug. If you just keep spamming all the buttons, it'll put shapes underneath the shapes, and they won't go away when you start a new game.

Last edited by Qurao; 11-28-2010 at 08:50 AM.