★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Gameloft vs EA

View Poll Results: Which one is better?
Gameloft 49 89.09%
EA 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll
03-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Gameloft vs EA

Hi folks,
which is your favourite developer on the iDevice platform?
I would say that the two above are the biggest (but that does not necessarily mean the best).
Which of them do you like better (also name other developers you like)!

I personally like Gameloft, Subatomics Studios, Freeverse (sometimes publisher) and Pocket More Games. There are also many others I like, but I think I like these most.

Gameloft: I like Gameloft because they bring fully fledged games (HoS, Let's Golf, Brain Challenge, RF09, Ferrari GT ...)

Subatomic Studios because of Fieldrunners.

Freeverse, especially because Strange Flavour.

Pocket More Games because of the two fantastic titles iDracula and Orions.

I don't really like EA because they don't seem to take the iPhone serious.
I liked SimCity (which is the only EA game I have), but since it crashed when my city had 500k+ inhabitants, I don't use to play it anymore.
But I`m keen on the upcoming NFS and I hope it will blow Fastlane away...

So please vote in the poll and explain your choice in the thread!

Favourites: NfS, HoS, BIA, Real Racing, Knights Onrush, iDracula, X2 Football, F.A.S.T., Defender Chronicles, Sentinel 2, iBomber, Pocket God, Trism, Flight Control, Harbor Master, Sea Captain
03-19-2009, 02:02 PM
my favourite is moregames cause of orions and idracula! and they better release the update to orions soon if they want me to stay loyal, lol

but yah..i prefer gameloft over EA..they have hero of sparta man..

03-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer513 View Post
my favourite is moregames cause of orions and idracula! and they better release the update to orions soon if they want me to stay loyal, lol
That's right.
I hope that they'll release more iPhone games (and updates for iDracula and Orions) after the huge success they had with the iPhone.

Favourites: NfS, HoS, BIA, Real Racing, Knights Onrush, iDracula, X2 Football, F.A.S.T., Defender Chronicles, Sentinel 2, iBomber, Pocket God, Trism, Flight Control, Harbor Master, Sea Captain
03-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Yea I can easily think of a couple great Gameloft games, but EA, meh...pretty average so far, although I'm hoping the Sims and NFS will change my mind.
03-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Where is Freeverse? ngmoco? Chillingo?

There should be way more than two options in this poll.
03-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Where is Freeverse? ngmoco? Chillingo?

There should be way more than two options in this poll.
I could have included them but then you could always say there is developer xy that should be included. I decided to put the two biggest (in my opinion) in.
But I also like the ones you named (Chillingo is not a developer).

03-19-2009, 02:11 PM
yah moregames is published by chillingo, so of course im gona like moregames..and not chillingo..cause chillingo also publishes a whole bunch of other bloatware
03-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danillson View Post
But I also like the ones you named (Chillingo is not a developer).
I was listing publishers, like GameLoft and EA.
03-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer513 View Post
yah moregames is published by chillingo, so of course im gona like moregames..and not chillingo..cause chillingo also publishes a whole bunch of other bloatware
Yep.
Some of their titles are as bad as AApplications, but they released great ones in the last time (iDracula, Orions, Zen Bound...some other)

03-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
I was listing publishers, like GameLoft and EA.
Sorry. You were right (But NGmoco is also a developer, I guess)