★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: You are an alien on a mission.

The Earth is targeted for harvest and the mothership needs fresh meat.

Collect earthlings, rescue comrades, leave implants, and prepare earth for the coming invasion.

Features:

Universal Binary

Retina Display

Tilt or Joystick Control

Multiple Weapons -

Laser

Plasma Bomb

Powerups

Destructable environments!

New levels in submission now!

note: Tap Pause and then Return to Re-calibrate device during gameplay.

Fingerbanger's comments:
check it out!

You are an alien on a mission.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/abduction/id303876524?mt=8

Lite version in submission soon.
11-30-2010, 02:30 AM
Redeem Codes!

here are a few redeem codes...

ill post more.

KE7LHYNM3WML
EJH4LPMMKL6Y
P37F7RF6PFPK
9XXMRWJJ3MYE

11-30-2010, 02:37 AM
Got P37F7RF6PFPK
I'll post impressions later.
Thanks!
11-30-2010, 11:15 AM
some more promo codes!

here are some more promo codes for Abduction v.1

TA9AHP7M4N69
JYJE9PEWEXTH
NX3KHMLNTW6F
XYK7H43NAYNE
Y39LPJJ7LRKH
33WFRKWNKA69
X3TENHT9KJNE
FEELATAAJXAL
3TJ7NKM7KA6Y
3PAPJKKRJAPF

big update on the way with more levels!

thanks for checking out my game.
11-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks! I used 3PAPJKKRJAPF. I will impost impressions soon.
11-30-2010, 05:39 PM
a few more codes i found beneath the couch...

Pryrja4ma373
jpmtyl3hxrmf
m33nr6aet3rh
ljr67jy4llyr
t3jpwktynr44
ymkp7emnxhl9
97aay3htf3yn
nxrxjanrhmhp
9n49exltpfh4
4hfh46t4yl49
11-30-2010, 06:08 PM
I took code - nxrxjanrhmhp
11-30-2010, 06:19 PM
thanks - 97aay3htf3yn
12-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Played the first few levels (of ten total I think) of this last night. Overall it's a fun game - very similar to Choplifter/Saucelifter. Only real differences are that you return to a mother ship (which can help defend you as well) instead of a landing pad and there are no ground defenses (at least not in the first few levels) other than obstructions you can hit that lower your health. Otherwise, it's the same type of game - fly a UFO to abduct humans, cows, whatever and shoot down planes and helicopters with your ray-o-death (but you need to be careful in using it cuz you can kill the things you need to capture, which will fail the mission).

There are two control options - virtual sticks and accelerometer. I preferred the tilt option myself. However, controls are a bit too sensitive - I found myself flying up from the ground too quickly after picking up the cows/humans and too easily hitting the ground obstacles. A calibration feature is really needed for both control options to adjust speed.

A couple other small points:
- The directional beam showing where the mother ship and capturables are is a nice touch
- Like the cows and cow sound effect (including a couple more would be nice to randomize between them)
- I kept hitting the menu button accidentally while trying to shoot up - maybe use some other way of calling up the menu? Such as a three finger multitouch? Or maybe stick the pause/menu button in the corner?
- Fine UI - had no real problems other than the pause/menu button issue.
- The powerups are a nice addition, but I'm not sure how helpful they really were - then again, I was so busy dodging the enemies, I probably didn't use them enough. The plasma gun always seemed to destroy only 1 or 2 buildings - somehow it always missed half the buildings.
- Some type of radar system might be good - even just an edge of screen blip to indicate something's incoming.
- Difficulty level ramps up pretty quickly after the tutorial. This is neither here nor there - some may like it, others may not.

I think the price is about right - some may say there's not enough content, but if you're planning on releasing more levels, $2 is fine. Saucelifter is $2 too, so I think the price makes sense.

Last edited by Artfoundry; 12-01-2010 at 07:19 PM.
12-01-2010, 07:09 PM
great review...

spot on, on all points.

one thing i will add, as the developer, is that there is recalibration when you return from the pause menu. this is not conveyed at all however. ill tighten up the messaging and perhaps add a speed setting.

that said there are 8-10 more levels ready for submission so the offering will have more depth shortly.

thanks again for the review. i gotta say i love the toucharcade community, insightful and helpful. awesome.