★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: codefreeze
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 43.2 MB
  • Version: 4.0.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: NO ADS IN PREMIUM VERSION

Jet Ball is a powerful breakout game packed with stunning visuals, tons of dynamic levels and lots of fresh ideas. Brick breaker genre reinvented.

Destroy all static and moving bricks and obstacles to win the level. Touch and move left or right the pulsing circle under the pad to control it. Touch anywhere higher with another finger (use multi-touch) to release a ball, launch a rocket or shoot with plasma gun.

Glowing blocks contain bonuses that can seriously change the situation. Green power-ups will help you to cope the task such as ball splits, rocket launcher, plasma gun, fire ball, acid ball, magnet, shield and so on. Try to avoid red power-downs, that can speed up balls, decrease board size, make balls flight trajectory unpredictable or even explode the board.

- bright, impressive graphics, nice visuals
- retina display support
- 145 spinning and moving levels
- 4 difficulty levels: Slow, Normal, Fast, Extreme
- really fast paced gameplay
- 24 different power-ups and power-downs
- more than 60 different bricks and obstacles, rectangle and round bricks, exploding bricks and plasma-star bricks, pinball elements
- original soundtrack and sound effects
- online leaderboards and lots of achievements
- current game auto save
- custom background music

The perfect choice for all fans of arcade games such as arkanoid or breakout!
11-30-2010, 10:19 AM
I think i'll push the buy button for this. The iPhone version is very good and hopefully on the iPad it will be very good too.

12-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Promos!

Takhrrlpjmxr
fa6ytly3jrwm
n4hyrnjj9ea3
r3t7lepnafp4
6af9hf3pn4fx
k7xmf76wktea
12-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Redeemed k7xmf76wktea. Will give impressions once I get a break from work.
12-10-2010, 12:37 PM
All gone.
12-10-2010, 03:52 PM
My first impression is that it's a fun game. I enjoy the level design, the music, and the power-ups.

Unfortunately the control scheme doesn't work well for me. I was playing during lunch and found that I was constantly dying when my finger swiped above the paddle and the paddle just stayed where it was. Similarly, I found it difficult to move the paddle and shoot with one hand but it doesn't lend itself to two hand playing unless the game is propped up on your lap.

Finally, the game itself has at least one minor bug. It crashes when trying to get to the options menu too soon after exiting a game or another menu. It didn't happen each time, but I was able to repeat it three times within a few tries.

Overall fun game, but definitely needs updated controls to avoid feeling like an upscaled iPhone game.
12-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasgo View Post
My first impression is that it's a fun game. I enjoy the level design, the music, and the power-ups.

Unfortunately the control scheme doesn't work well for me. I was playing during lunch and found that I was constantly dying when my finger swiped above the paddle and the paddle just stayed where it was. Similarly, I found it difficult to move the paddle and shoot with one hand but it doesn't lend itself to two hand playing unless the game is propped up on your lap.

Overall fun game, but definitely needs updated controls to avoid feeling like an upscaled iPhone game.
Yes as most brick breaker for ipad they are designed for having the ipad put of a surface.

I don't see at all the problems with the controls, moreover I tried swipe further the pad (wich is strange because it hides the pad) and the controls isn't stopped, it's probably because you are releasing the touch when this happen.

I do agree there's certainly something to fix around the option menu but I don't agree controls need be changed they are in fact quite good. So if they are changed at least have an option to keep current version controls.

Other than that not much to say, it's a Brick Breaker designed with focus on speed and reflex, which is very dynamic and levels are quickly achieved. The speed is faster than the iphone version doubled on ipad but there's the easy difficulty with a speed a little slower than iphone doubled at normal difficulty.

Undoubtedly an excellent Brick Breaker (despite a few fix that would be needed) and nice iPad version even if not that much better than iPhone doubled version that was quite good on iPad.

But this iPad version brings the levels packs for free which make it a bargain for the fans of iphone version that hasn't yet bought the level packs. Also there's no hesitation, for an iPad only this version is the version to pick.

EDIT: About launching the ball: Move first the pad, then release it, then launch the ball in a good position and quickly come back control the pad. Despite I play with iPad put and both hands free, I do that constantly.

Last edited by Qordobo; 12-10-2010 at 05:34 PM.
12-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
EDIT: About launching the ball: Move first the pad, then release it, then launch the ball in a good position and quickly come back control the pad. Despite I play with iPad put and both hands free, I do that constantly.
It's not just about launching the ball though, there are also all the projectiles.
12-11-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasgo View Post
It's not just about launching the ball though, there are also all the projectiles.
Well you probably didn't played it much, projectiles are auto launched once you pick the power up. But ok that's fine the game has no tutorial if I remember well.
12-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Thanks for all who posted impressions

Your suggestions will be considered.

40 new levels will be available soon, as add-on in iphone version, and free in ipad version.

More promos:

H44K6TYAN4E7
9HEWHHM9L7E3
YAXK3F7K6F7P
P9466YL3MNTE
9NN3RXN3N6M3
ERM4WLLYWF6X
X37M94FNYN4Y