★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Between the Front Runner and eternal space-clarinet bliss stands an army of bullying aliens that don't quite seem to grasp the higher concepts of Ultra-Improv!

Hunt down Red Ivan, zap the Electric Twins, beat Dizzy and free Daisy. Outsmart the 3 Front Runner villains and unlock their special weapons.

Test your skills in Survival Mode and challenge our friends to beat your score! Collect the lost musical notes and use them to upgrade your Front Runner ship and weapons.

Visit the Apple Game Center and find out how to unlock Kamikaze, Survivor, Destroyer and all the other achievements!

Eternal space-clarinet-playing bliss awaits...

MacDaddy's comments:
Hi guys,
I just wanted to share with you that Front Runner is finally available in the App Store.

Looking forward to first impressions

12-01-2010, 03:33 AM
Digging the art style. Artistic and cute.

Jimbo_00

12-01-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
Looking forward to first impressions
First impression: the chances of me downloading a game with not even one in-game screenshot on its page are somewhere considerably south of zero.

Last edited by Herosoft Ltd; 12-01-2010 at 04:25 AM.
12-01-2010, 05:14 AM
same for me, no way I download a game with ovious ingame screenshots...
12-01-2010, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herosoft Ltd View Post
First impression: the chances of me downloading a game with not even one in-game screenshot on its page are somewhere considerably south of zero.
I added another screenshot to the App description. Also I have attached a couple of extra screens to this post ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rocco View Post
I think, screenshot 4 is in-game. Just with an odd background.
But I also love the art style. Is there a chance for a video?
We will get a video for you soon ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontRunner1.PNG
Views:	4
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	26689   Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontRunnerCombat2.PNG
Views:	3
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	26690   Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontRunnerMeetsDaizy.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	26691  

Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontRunnerCombat3.PNG
Views:	4
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	26692  
12-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Very nice game with a great artstyle. The normal gamemode is of normal length, but the survival mode keeps you coming back for more.

A really neat shooter, love how the bosses of the stages keep taunting you throughout the levels.

For 99 cents....give it a go.

And its from the guys who did Pocket Creatures, which was also great and had a cool artstyle.

Update: Played a few more levels and the game is just great. I like that you keep your upgrades, even when dying, so that you can try the levels you failed slightly more powerful than before. This game is turning out to be a real surprise hit.

Last edited by Eraser74; 12-11-2010 at 11:56 AM.
12-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser74 View Post
Very nice game with a great artstyle. The normal gamemode is of normal length, but the survival mode keeps you coming back for more.

A really neat shooter, love how the bosses of the stages keep taunting you throughout the levels.

For 99 cents....give it a go.

And its from the guys who did Pocket Creatures, which was also great and had a cool artstyle.

Update: Played a few more levels and the game is just great. I like that you keep your upgrades, even when dying, so that you can try the levels you failed slightly more powerful than before. This game is turning out to be a real surprise hit.
Thanks alot for the nice words :-)
12-23-2010, 10:56 AM
awesome needs to be redefined.
How comes, that I dont really expected anything when I read the title

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
03-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone,

Just played the game and killed the last boss, but then the game doesn't do anything. "Daisy" which I had to save flies around me, I take no damage, the background is moving but there is no ending to this. I waited quite a while nothing happend and after I restarted the game, the survival mode isn't unlocked because "You diddn't finished story mode" but I got the achievment for killing the last boss???

Is this a bug or do I have to do something to finish the story mode.

I liked the game very much until now...

Thanks everyone
03-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi FuzzyBear,
Glad you liked our game :-)

It is not a bug :-)

Try not moving for a while and Daizy will eventually fall in love with you.

Cheers,
/asbjoern

Hard at work on new awesome iOS games, visit our webesite to see what we are currently working on Tactile website