★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Moderators; what is going on?

03-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Moderators; what is going on?

Recently, two threads about an upcoming gay themed shooter have been removed by moderators. Meanwhile, offending posts are rarely (if ever) dealt with. I am greatly disturbed and I have to inquire about the ethical criteria this forum's moderators follow, because, to me, it seems counterintuitive.

Another forum member had suggested that "this is a discussion for iPod gaming, not politics." However, we are talking about a game. We are also talking about life, but as some found with 'Passage', sometimes both are inseparable on reflection.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300702040&mt=8
03-19-2009, 02:59 PM
They weren't REmoved, they were moved.

They're in the Lounge section

I was wondering why you stopped posting in your thread. You lost it lol

03-19-2009, 03:01 PM
- Offending posts are dealt with when they are reported. If you see offending posts that aren't dealt with, you need to report them, otherwise, you are saying you are ok with the content.

- Those threads were closed because the discussions became offensive/heated.
03-19-2009, 04:58 PM
for me every person who showed that is racist or homosexual-hater should be banned for good.
03-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
- Offending posts are dealt with when they are reported. If you see offending posts that aren't dealt with, you need to report them, otherwise, you are saying you are ok with the content.

- Those threads were closed because the discussions became offensive/heated.
Also, posts that may not be reported to moderators are usually taken care of by the members posting. I mean, we do have some morals around here.

And thanks for using my quote; its true ya know

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation
03-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
I understand your dismay, but unfortunately a majority of people are not open to homosexual people, or ideas. I am not homosexual, but I do see this as an issue of racism (not on the part of the mods, but people as a whole). I saw part of it the argument, could someone fill me in?
03-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
I understand your dismay, but unfortunately a majority of people are not open to homosexual people, or ideas. I am not homosexual, but I do see this as an issue of racism (not on the part of the mods, but people as a whole). I saw part of it the argument, could someone fill me in?
It was started by the original poster posting about his game, and he openly referred to himself as homosexual. So, being the children that most people are in this forum, they felt the need to express their opinion, which resulted in some opinions that are quite frankly closed minded, and some words said that really didnt need to be said.

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation
03-19-2009, 08:46 PM
That type of banter about sexuality has no, absolutely no place to be debated on a "games" forum. Not in any capacity. Nor, for that matter, should race. What I saw in that thread, as well as lots of others is people who immediately want to "take a stand" but really are just using "offensive" posts or threads to further their own offensive stances. You people should be ashamed, take the moral route for once in your lives and just encourage these issues to stop instead of further aggravating these issues by debating/arguing them: The Majority of the Demographic reading Touch Arcade should be assumed to be Children and Teens!

These people are already prematurely subjected to this type of trash almost everywhere else, let's keep TA a nice, relaxed environment to discuss/debate and argue even, as long as it's done about the games themselves.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

Last edited by rich_952000; 03-19-2009 at 08:48 PM.
03-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
That type of banter about sexuality has no, absolutely no place to be debated on a "games" forum. Not in any capacity. Nor, for that matter, should race. What I saw in that thread, as well as lots of others is people who immediately want to "take a stand" but really are just using "offensive" posts or threads to further their own offensive stances. You people should be ashamed, take the moral route for once in your lives and just encourage these issues to stop instead of further aggravating these issues by debating/arguing them: The Majority of the Demographic reading Touch Arcade should be assumed to be Children and Teens!

These people are already prematurely subjected to this type of trash almost everywhere else, let's keep TA a nice, relaxed environment to discuss/debate and argue even, as long as it's done about the games themselves.
No, it has a place. The children have to grow up and face the world. We can't have TA be their little sanctuary. They have to face it sometime.
03-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
No, it has a place. The children have to grow up and face the world. We can't have TA be their little sanctuary. They have to face it sometime.
Games, Brewstermax, this is a website dedicated to games not middle aged men talking with children about sex or racial issues. Dont want this turning into an edition of Dateline. Let their parents take care of deciding what they face, and when they face it.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon