★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Soviets have returned! It's the year 2189 and a special mech assault unit has been sent to the planet Mars to deal with the looming threat from the Soviet base! Guide your mech fighters through a series of dangerous missions and eradicate the enemy from the planet!

Shoot and destroy your enemy in this futuristic top-down shooter.
12-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Weird. This is a universal app, and yet the description clearly says "iPad Only". I wonder which it is?

Game looks cool, though. I'll be waiting for impressions.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

12-01-2010, 11:56 PM
This looks kinda like RoboKill
12-02-2010, 12:44 AM
What came firt the chicken or the egg

I was thinking this is a Robokill clone, but it appears this game was out (at least the iphone version ) before Robokill. So who copied who? The similarities are pretty blatant,from the arenas and the mech even the shop where you upgrade your mech. Has anyone played it? I would be interested to hear how it controls. It seems on the IPAD the arenas take up the whole screen unlike robokill where it is actually surrounded by a pretty huge border. Anyway I would like to hear anyones impressions. Thanks.
12-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokeadeyemo View Post
I was thinking this is a Robokill clone, but it appears this game was out (at least the iphone version ) before Robokill. So who copied who?
You could play Robokill a couple of years ago on the Mac/PC before it came out on the iPad, so yeah, if anything Red Storm is a clone of Robokill

Anyways, looks good. I might get it in a price drop, for now Robokill and Heavy Mach 2 are keeping me satisfied ATM
12-02-2010, 01:00 AM
I've played it and yeah it came out before robokill on idevice. When I saw robokill I thought it was red storm 2. But anyways this game is pretty fun, although kinda old by now.

Game Center: Hot-Wire Gamespy: The_Tower_Defender
Currently Playing: Galaxy on Fire II HD, Gun Bros 2, Minigore 2, RAD Soldier, Block Fortress, Real Racing 3
12-02-2010, 12:33 PM
LOL the description makes it sound like the movie Robot Jox (please Lord tell me I'm not the only one who recalls that movie).
12-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersurge View Post
LOL the description makes it sound like the movie Robot Jox (please Lord tell me I'm not the only one who recalls that movie).
Oh, man, that takes me back! That movie was so bad it was good.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
12-10-2010, 02:35 AM
On sale now $3.99 -> $0.99.

-----
12-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Badim
Hey Guys - I`m Developer of 'Red Storm'.
We now uploading update for HD version - some bug fixes, some new premium items, more stable version.

i will add few promocodes later in promo-codes section.

If you have any suggestion - or wanna make a few levels for game for reward - just sent me pm.