★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Help baby bear Flo across the ice floes to her mama by getting the ice blocks out of her way. Its simple but challenging!

A LITTLE BEAR NEEDS YOUR HELP

Mama has crossed the sea, but Flo got left behind!  She needs your help to
make a path across the tippy ice floes.  It won't be easy huge slippery
blocks of ice are in the way.

Intuitive and thoughtful puzzles, cute and colorful characters and a heart-warming story make this a great little game that's fun for all the family.

FUN AND THOUGHTFUL PUZZLES

Touch where you want Flo to go. Tilt your iPhone to send the blocks sliding across the ice islands.  (On iPad you can also press down on the sides of the island.)  Touch one block to freeze it in place.  Cross the floe in as few slides as possible to win a star!  But be careful those blocks are dangerous.

MAKE SPECIAL FRIENDS ALONG THE WAY

Meet Flo's cute arctic friends.  Along the way you'll meet seagulls, narwhals, walruses and penguins.  All Flo's friends are full of fun and desperately want to help her catch up with mama.

Floe is fully integrated with Crystal and Game Center, and you can tweet your stars or post them to Facebook. See how you compare to your friends.

Will you be the best puzzle solver?

goiMot's comments:

12-01-2010, 11:59 PM
I loved this game since you guys first previewed it. Looks fun, cute and entertaining. Buying it now.

12-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm in. I gotta save Snuggles!

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
12-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Looks cute. How many levels are there?

Now playing: Unworded, Aurora Puzzle Adventure, Steamworld Heist, PinOut!, Sproggiwood, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Any Star Realms expansion, Nyheim, Onirim
12-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
I'm in. I gotta save Snuggles!
Please come back with impressions!
12-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
Please come back with impressions!
Good puzzler. 48 levels total, the last 16 are labeled "tricky". The gameplay reminds me a bit of 'Ivory Tiles'. Nevertheless, the pathfinding aspect and the option to freeze single blocks give this app a nice twist. It looks like a game for kids, but things start getting interesting after a few introductory levels. Graphics are nice, with Floe making little movements like looking around etc., when you don't give him orders where to go. Screen layout is what you'd expect- UNDO and RESET buttons, how many slides the optimal solution has (you win a star then) etc. Sometimes you pick up a balloon - a power up which you can use to skip a difficult level. When you solve it later. you get the balloon back.

Difficulty is nice, especially if you want to get the star in every level.

One complaint though: please please, dear devs, I want touch controls for iPod Touch /iPhone, too! (At this point only iPad has them)! It's too easy to make unvoluntary moves by tilting the device. Ok, there is no penalty pointwise etc. just hit the UNDO button. It's just a bit annoying. Look at 'Ivory Tiles' and other similar playing fields, it has been done!

Now playing: Unworded, Aurora Puzzle Adventure, Steamworld Heist, PinOut!, Sproggiwood, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Open Bar!
12-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Tilt controls = no buy from me.
12-04-2010, 08:46 AM
@abstractgamefreak: Thanks for the impressions! I just picked it up and love it.

@devs: Please add an option to disable tilt control in the options menu for the iPad! When I want to use the touch control instead, I keep accidentally tilting my iPad.
12-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
it's ok for me, but the price...will wait for a price drop to .99c

I love this world!
12-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
But then, it's not a dexterity game. Tilt works fine, touch would be perfect