★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Not the first time a game was accidentally released and then pulled so the company could conduct proper marketing etc. I can't remember the name of the game at the moment but I remember one coming back with a lower price even. Though no one that bought at original price minded since they got extra playtime out of it and I think the difference was like 2 dollars - peanuts compared to the overall price.

At any rate something is up and it is gone so for now we wait again. In the meantime those that have it, more impressions please! Trying to figure if this is the direct DS port or a different port.
I think the game was Assasins Creed 2 by Ubisoft

Lightning Strike Games Development Blog
12-02-2010, 10:18 AM
I just had a thought....does anyone here have access to the NZ store? I wonder if the game was pulled there too.

12-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw27 View Post
I just had a thought....does anyone here have access to the NZ store? I wonder if the game was pulled there too.
When a game is pulled it's removed from all stores
12-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Ok I am just wondering if somehow it got pulled then re-released in NZ.
12-02-2010, 10:28 AM
New impressions could ease the pain of those waiting... (SUBTLE HINT).

Meantime...I'm trying to erase my backlog....I know that when PQ2 will arrive, I'll play almost no other game (about to finish the story mode in LEGO HARRY POTTER right now).
12-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Well in the meantime not much else anyone can do except go eat lunch. In the meantime those that have a copy of it can anyone explain the tournament mode?
12-02-2010, 10:34 AM
I am enjoying it..... the load times are not the greatest. For example, after completing a battle, the pop up for the next part of the quest can take a few minutes on the screen. I know it is pulling up your gold and xp etc, but it is very tedious.

Combat works fine though.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
12-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
the pop up for the next part of the quest can take a few minutes on the screen.
A few *minutes*??? or did you mean seconds? I hope the latter
12-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Well I contacted Namco via Facebook to see if someone would comment on why the game was released then pulled, I'll let everyone know if I hear anything.

I am happy that I decided to stay up last night and lucked out on picking this up. I have only had a chance to play through the opening battles in the village but it is a very fun and addictive game just like the first one was for me. I think the gameplay is fun and enthralling but all the loading kind of takes you out of it.
12-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
When a game is pulled it's removed from all stores
That's not always true. iPint is still available in the UK, for example. But this game does appear to have been removed from all stores.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ