Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-02-2010, 10:22 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu

Yes, the first screen is iPad screen while the second one is iPhone.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:14 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I am digging it. It is a good port.

Mine gripes are the lack of mutiplayer (which has a possibility of changing in the future, because the tournament mode has an option that appears clickable for the the opponent being AI) and the load time after the main story quest completion.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:08 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw27 View Post
Which website is this?

I am honestly surprised that no one from Namco has bothered to even So much do a twitter post on what the deal is.
It's SlideToPlay.
I've contacted them via Twitter but so far got no answer about this.
I hope it's a sign Namco gave review copies to websites and soon we'll know a definitive date and eventually have quirks and perplexities covered.

To those with the game: thanks for your first impressions!!!
Is there someone who played a bit more (I know there is!!!) who wants to share some impressions about gameplay, cool little things noticed, overall feel of the game (like a triple A console game?).

I'm curious about some little things (honestly, can't wait to play it and everything would do to ease the pain waiting)...ie: in the PC version there are cool fog effects in the town...are they still there?
Something like that...

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2010, 03:16 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
(I know there is!!!)

Refering to me, aren't you?

Well, at least I can say that this a console title. Worth 10 bucks.
No bugs encountered yet. Gigantic game world.... and the gameplay was improved a lot. Main story missions, side quests, at lot to discover.
And even the lag and loading times reduce after you played for a while.
But heck, this is 1.21 GB and the game is constantly juggling data around - so it is understandable. But for me, these small issues are acceptable.
I am loving it.

Regarding screenshots:

The upper one is from the iPad version, the lower from iPhone/iPod touch.
No wonder that they differ - the iPad has a much bigger screen to offer, so they needed to shrink some things down.

And the marked spells... well, when you have enough mana, the spell buttons become active and the small jewels start to shine and glitter. In both the iPad and iPhone version. Just look at the mana count on both screens. In the upper screen, all spells are active. In the lower screen not.
There is no lesser quality in terms of graphic effects - the difference in graphic quality is just based on the resolutions of the different devices.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-03-2010 at 03:18 AM..
Old 12-03-2010, 03:53 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Refering to me, aren't you?

Well, at least I can say that this a console title. Worth 10 bucks.
No bugs encountered yet. Gigantic game world.... and the gameplay was improved a lot. Main story missions, side quests, at lot to discover.
And even the lag and loading times reduce after you played for a while.
But heck, this is 1.21 GB and the game is constantly juggling data around - so it is understandable. But for me, these small issues are acceptable.
I am loving it.

Regarding screenshots:

The upper one is from the iPad version, the lower from iPhone/iPod touch.
No wonder that they differ - the iPad has a much bigger screen to offer, so they needed to shrink some things down.

And the marked spells... well, when you have enough mana, the spell buttons become active and the small jewels start to shine and glitter. In both the iPad and iPhone version. Just look at the mana count on both screens. In the upper screen, all spells are active. In the lower screen not.
There is no lesser quality in terms of graphic effects - the difference in graphic quality is just based on the resolutions of the different devices.
Thanks Vovin
I really cannot wait to play it...PQ1 was a gem I discovered late with iOS and despite many shortcomings, I loved it.
PQ2 (played only the demos on PC and XBOX360 waiting for the iOS version) seemed awesome to me...they changed all the things I didn't quite loved in the previous game and I like the style a lot.
I hope it will be out soon, and possibly, if necessary, patched to be the definitive version (retina support come to mind).

On a side note...the absolute lack of any form of hype building or advertising from Namco it's not a good sign....seem they absolutely do not care about the AppStore but we all know that the very start of an app in their selling-life is CRITICAL between success and a total failure, so I'm a bit perplexed.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Thanks Vovin
I really cannot wait to play it...PQ1 was a gem I discovered late with iOS and despite many shortcomings, I loved it.
PQ2 (played only the demos on PC and XBOX360 waiting for the iOS version) seemed awesome to me...they changed all the things I didn't quite loved in the previous game and I like the style a lot.
I hope it will be out soon, and possibly, if necessary, patched to be the definitive version (retina support come to mind).

On a side note...the absolute lack of any form of hype building or advertising from Namco it's not a good sign....seem they absolutely do not care about the AppStore but we all know that the very start of an app in their selling-life is CRITICAL between success and a total failure, so I'm a bit perplexed.

When you enjoyed the PC / XBOX demos of that game - sure, then you'll love PQ2 for iPhone.

Well, another possibility I can think of might be, that not Namco released the game - but Apple released it accidentally. I remember (in this year) we had at least two developers on these forums which games were released accidentally by Apple, they doesn't wanted the games to be released back then.

Lunar Story was such a case. They uploaded a beta for testing purposes and Apple immediately released it, but they've got the beating.

So remember, folks, this might be also Apple's fault.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-03-2010 at 04:43 AM..
Old 12-03-2010, 04:55 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
When you enjoyed the PC / XBOX demos of that game - sure, then you'll love PQ2 for iPhone.

Well, another possibility I can think of might be, that not Namco released the game - but Apple released it accidentally. I remember (in this year) we had at least two developers on these forums which games were released accidentally by Apple, they doesn't wanted the game to be released then.

Lunar Story was such a case. They uploaded a beta for testing purposes and Apple immediately released it, but they've got the beating.

So remember, folks, this might be also Apple's fault.
Oh yes it could be really the case.
Nonetheless, hoping it will come out soon (IE BEFORE CHRISTMAS), I feel that communications and marketing are a bit lacking (non existent, it's not even listed in the Namco iPhone calendar)...some devs are really good (on forums, twitter, various websites) on building hype of their game and then support it in the future and this could be good for sales...the game get a bit of exposure, climb the charts, other people see it...and so on (obviously the game has to be good).
Sometimes I found really good games by chance that got ABSOLUTELY no hype (not everyone read toucharcade forums) and that faded soon into oblivion (and then consequentely get no updates, because the dev is not getting any money)...it's something I would expect by a lonley dev, not a triple A publisher.
Take Puzzle Quest 1...I loved it, initially the port had problems and many people were, righly, vocal about problems...I do not have any numbers but I fear it didn't sold really well, despite, after many updates, I felt it was good (I know now it has problems with iOS4) and overall one of my most enjoyed games on the platform (and any platfrom btw).
IF the original dev were a bit more active in communicating that they're were solving problems and the like, I think things could have been better (the EXCELLENT iPad version was a total surprise for me....too bad we do not know anything about a new iPhone version).
But I'm talking too much....I simply hope Namco, in this case, have a strong plan about supporting PQ2 on the AppStore, and this include communicating with fans about release dates and the like.
And I might add that...the abolute lack of a calendar of publishing dates is one the main problems of the AppStore...personally I cannot simply make any plans about what to buy, what to wait for, etc...
Now I discovered 4 titles I'm expecting will be out next week...it's a nightmare :P
Old 12-03-2010, 04:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Now I discovered 4 titles I'm expecting will be out next week...it's a nightmare :P

No nightmare - that's just great!
We should meet and play PQ2 PvP sometimes.

And, no - you aren't talking too much. Not in terms of a woman.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:08 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
No nightmare - that's just great!
We should meet and play PQ2 PvP sometimes.

And, no - you aren't talking too much. Not in terms of a woman.
Yes it's great, but I have the strange habit of playing one title at time (two if one is a story based game and the second one is a fast action game...think PQ and Fruit Ninja), so for me...having to decide between PQ2, Riven, The 11th hour and many other pose a problem
Obviously PQ2 get my preference any day.

I'll gladly play PQ2 PvP ; BTW are you GC connected? I cannot see PQ2 on the played games, while I see it on SliteToPlay list..could be really 2 versions out?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Damn! All this talk resulted in me buying PQ1 and craving for PQ2.
For me this is an hidden gem (in iPad)!