04-27-2011, 06:31 AM
Does anyone know if the new update resolves the inability to save settings (and thus get rid of the hint arrow permanently)?

Not enough space to update at the moment, so I might hold off if it does not.

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
04-27-2011, 07:08 AM
No it does not. You can safely wait for a real fix...

All times favorites : CAVE shooters, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Groove Coaster, Infinity Blade 2, King of Dragon Pass, Ascension, Alien Frontier, Sorcery!, Gamebook Adventure
GameCenter: Corroyeur

04-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevagrant View Post
No it does not. You can safely wait for a real fix...
Safely, but not with much hope Thanks fer the info!

Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
04-27-2011, 08:20 AM
It's good to see more frequent releases, maybe more fixes are down the road, but it's a hassle when I need to jump through hoops to make enough room to update the damn game.
04-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psac42 View Post
It's good to see more frequent releases, maybe more fixes are down the road, but it's a hassle when I need to jump through hoops to make enough room to update the damn game.
Methinks Apple update system could need an upgrade. Currently, when updating through iTunes, the old version of Puzzle Quest 2 is not removed until the new one has been installed, and thus the space issues. Directly from the phone, you also have to make space for the download, swelling the space requirements further. And, thanks to the automatic deletion of game files from the phone when an app is removed (what must be one of the most thoughtless and limiting implementations in the history of application management, and one of iOS' few but true flaws), we cannot even remove Puzzle Quest 2 before updating...

Here's to jailbreak and iFile, and the resulting ability to manually back up savegames.

Vocalist of Neverlast
12-15-2011, 08:05 PM
The original (non-freemium) Puzzle Quest 2 just got an update...
Quote:
Increased game performance and bug fixes. We also added Japanese support and an in-game store that will allow you to buy resources that will upgrade your equipment.
What I'm wondering, is that did they turn this one into a freemium as well?

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
12-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
The original (non-freemium) Puzzle Quest 2 just got an update...

What I'm wondering, is that did they turn this one into a freemium as well?
so they finally got around fixing the bugs from the PQ2 paid version?.... about damn time... i was going to buy it but i guess im gonna stick with the freemium version

Applebloom FTW!
Playlist
Brave Frontier - Elune Saga - Monster Squad - Looking for more F2P games like Brave Frontier, PM ME recommendations please!
12-15-2011, 08:59 PM
" in-game store that will allow you to buy resources that will upgrade your equipment"

Yay....well as long as it doesn't change the original gameplay design in anyway.

Really IAP gonna backlash on Apple unless they clean up the AppStore. Devs are goin crazy with these IAP/freemium stuff.
12-15-2011, 09:23 PM
PQ2 1.1.1 was 1.2GB in size. This 1.2.0 update is only 596MB.
Why is it now half the size?
12-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nonya1 View Post
PQ2 1.1.1 was 1.2GB in size. This 1.2.0 update is only 596MB.
Why is it now half the size?
596 is the compressed size. Once downloaded it expands to about 1.3gb