★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Jamble for iPad only

12-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Jamble for iPad only

Jamble is released by Big Feet Productions, a uk based studio. Have a look at http://www.bigfeetproductions.com/jamble/

It's vintage style 3d word puzzle game where you spin around wood blocks to discover a phrase.

This is my first game for iOS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4cSLgN5WNk
12-02-2010, 06:30 PM
I really like the look/art style. I'll have to remember to check it out.
12-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
I love word games. I have two on the back burner myself.

Will post impressions later.
12-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
So my first impressions:

The good:
  • Great look and feel...reminds me of the bookshelf in iBooks
  • The spinning blocks concept is well implemented
  • Sounds are simple, but fit well
  • Fairly unique game concept
Area for Improvement:
  • Sometimes after finishing a level it showed me the next level and then immediately showed me the solution, not allowing me to actually play the level.
  • Some of the songs and quotes were pretty obscure (maybe just to me).
  • Only 60 quotes/lyrics for $1.99 is not a great deal for this type of game. New levels are very low cost to add for the developer, so there should be plenty of them.
  • Some quotes are not quite right:
    • "Royal with cheese" should be "Royale with cheese"
    • "it is just another brick in the wall" should be "it's just another brick in the wall"
    • I think there were others, but didn't make notes on them all.
  • For lyrics or quotes you don't know, the game boils down to spinning the cubes until you get the right word, which is a bit frustrating.
  • It might be interesting to have a timed mode where you get more points for making the correct words yourself. If you don't match a correct letter within say 5 seconds, it flips one for you and changes the color of the cube so you know it's correct, and that cube becomes immovable. It would be a bit like the Wheel of Fortune puzzles in that way.
Overall a very well-executed app, but it could use some improvements to make the gameplay more interesting.
12-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Hi thanks a lot for the feedback. I will think over your points, and look into the bug you mention...

The game is now lowered in price... and more levels will be added in a later version.

Again, thanks a lot for your comments.