• Publisher: Bulkypix
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 30.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Battlestar Commander is an action packed, multi-player tabletop sci-fi shooter. The games makes amazing use of iPhone's and iPad's multitouch feature - allowing you to navigate your ships and shoot at the enemy with a flick of a finger. It can sometimes be an exercise in dexterity, but the task is all the more fun as you see things explode on the screen.

STORY LINE

The state of humanity is in peril. The dying sun, Earth depleted of resources, our galaxy is no longer capable of sustaining life. Deep in the little-explored regions of space, luckily we have found a world that could be our saving grace. Battle the opposing forces for control of this uninhabited world. In Battlestar Commander you act as a defender of your base. Using an array of ships at your disposal you must destroy as many planes of your enemy as possible and eventually the base itself as well.

THE GAME

Points are scored for each plane that you bring down and eventually destroy the base. The longer the distance at which you bring down a plane is, the more points are scored. In its turn, the enemy will be attacking your base decreasing the protection and viability of the structure.

Enjoy the game with a friend! In multiplayer more challenge your friends to a battle of skill and strategy as you battle each other each with your own arsenal of ships.

Features

· Amazing 3D graphics and an a realistic AI - physics model
· A fantastic turn based game that tests your tactical and strategic skills
· An epic campaign mode, with more than 20 planets and more than 50 missions
· In game currency that enables you to further upgrade your BattleStar and your fleet of ship to maximize your striking power.
· One versus one mode offering numerous combinations of play, offering hours of gameplay, always different and entertaining

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Version : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=73182
12-03-2010, 02:19 AM
This looks interesting, but it's really hard to tell how the game is played. Video is definitely needed.

12-03-2010, 04:35 AM
this does look good, mabe complex with a few different game modes? hopefully bulkypix can give some help with moving pictures?

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
12-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Gameplay video

Hi guys,

We are going to make a video of the gameplay on iPhone to show how it moves.

For now on, here is a video of the game on iPad (same gameplay on iPhone) :

Youtube link | Pop Up

There is a huge solo mode (around 10h of gameplay with 50 missions on 22 planet) and a multiplayer mode. 2 players, face to face, 10 sec each turn to attack, defend, move and create new ships. We play it everyday at the office and the games are very intense.

What do you think about it ?

BULKYPIX TEAM
Publisher and developer
12-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Damn that looks mighty fun! Not quite sure how it'll fare on iPhone though but I'll give it a try! Been looking eagerly for something to replace Battle Blasters that I play with my girl and this may just be it!
12-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Okay initial impressions: is Friggin awesome! It's like Rts mixed with action swipe. It's awfully late here and I have go sleep so I'll give a more detailed review tomorrow. But definitely Do not regret buying. This is probably gonna stay permanently on my phone too thanks go multiplayer.

My only initial gripe so far the console and user interface could look prettier, I'm using iPhone 4. But that's just cosmetic and in game graphics is alright.

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and play some more . But definitely 10/10 for gameplay!
12-03-2010, 12:39 PM
that video looks interesting, although perhaps limiting, is each of the 50 missions the same? in terms of player taking turns vs computer to flick back and forth?
12-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Okay so gameplay is very much similar to the gameplay video posted earlier, although that was multiplayer. For single player there's different challenges, depending on the level. Like the first mission I'm invading a planet that has "little resistance". There's no mothership like mine (that console u see in the gameplay video is like your mothership, you launch ships from it and all) but just a small base with a few turrets. Destroy their facilities and you win the game. So I believe each level will have different enemy layout, and diff obstacles as seen in the video like asteroid fields. Oh and you have a limited number of ships too so if u lose all your fighter ships you lose the game lol.

You lose fighter ships when enemy turrets take em down or enemy fighters take them down.

Gameplay: u launch ships with fingers, swiping them around , moving them near enemy facilities like launch pads and turrets makes them launch a middle and return immediately to the mothership. Moving them near enemy crafts and they attack. You are giving 10 seconds to do all This and then the next 10 seconds is the enemy's turn. Now the enemy will be doing the same thing, but You can try to blast them out of the sky with your point defense turrets. The turrets have a limited number of shots each turn, so u can't spam away and the turrets can't reach the enemy facilities. Oh and they can be destroyed by enemy ships. Firing turrets is using flicking gestures as well.

After each mission you are given credits to buy new facilities like shields, new turrets, or repair your facilities.

There is a "cheat" option where by you can purchase extra credit to use via in app purchase. Not necessary but it's sorta like pay 0.99 for a trainer kinda thing. I may just decide to buy it though. I want those high tier shiny turrets naoooooooo XD
12-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Damn just wanna add one or two missions in the campaign are pretty retarded. Like a few automated enemy turrets that don't obey the normal game rules by constantly filling the air with laser beams. Combine that with the chaos of managing your own ships, defeding against enemy attacks, running this gauntlet is pretty impossible. After half an hour of trying I'm giving it upfor now and playing instant action.
12-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Is there online multiplayer with gamecenter??