★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Sliders vs. Slida

03-20-2009, 12:29 AM
Sliders vs. Slida

i posted this in the Sliders thread but i guess people there have not tried Slida.

based on descriptions, they seem to be similar games. however, Sliders is $1.99 while Slida is $.99.

has anyone tried both? does that $1 difference mean Sliders is a better game or it only meant it's less value for money?

Last edited by zvnthynn; 03-20-2009 at 12:32 AM.
03-20-2009, 12:39 AM
I've tried both and Slida is pretty bad. It's just match-3 and the controls don't work too well for me. Spend the extra dollar.

03-20-2009, 01:55 AM
Sliders is fun!

I'm currently in a game that people won't be happy with me at

Twitter: @Zincous
03-29-2009, 10:59 PM
thanks for your recos! will be getting sliders today (as soon as i'm allowed to purchase it because item is being modified). it's on sale for $0.99
03-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvnthynn View Post
thanks for your recos! will be getting sliders today (as soon as i'm allowed to purchase it because item is being modified). it's on sale for $0.99
Yup, version 1.4 just came out today, good update.

Twitter: @Zincous
03-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Sliders is the better game.
03-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Slida's polish looks horrible in comparison, go with Sliders.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
03-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Each have their own pros and cons, and I really couldn't pick a winner between the two, because they end up being different in ways that change the base game dynamic. The main differences between the two:

- Sliders has better graphics and sound.

- Slida has online leaderboards. Sliders doesn't.

- Slida has a larger play area (8x8; Sliders is 5x5) making it easier to set up combos.

- Sliders focuses more on making chain reactions, as new pieces fall in from the top when matches are made.

- Slida doesn't have chain reactions and new pieces appear where matches left a hole, so the strategy is more about setting up large matches in the fewest moves.

Mitch (of Gnizama) E-Mailed me today to let me know of some new features in Sliders though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Zamara
- A 2x Multiplier block has been added, and will appear after every 50 blocks cleared.
- The help menu has been updated to show bonus and point values for special matches.
- Additional special matches have been added (Sideways and Upsidedown cross)
- The App will now detect if you have music playing already when the game is launched. If it’s detected, the game music will be automatically muted.
- The Device Icon for the game has been updated to match the App Store version.

To promote our recent update, we will be reducing the price of the App to $0.99 for the next week!
So, at least temporarily, Sliders currently has the advantage of being half the price.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-30-2009, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Each have their own pros and cons, and I really couldn't pick a winner between the two, because they end up being different in ways that change the base game dynamic. The main differences between the two:

- Sliders has better graphics and sound.

- Slida has online leaderboards. Sliders doesn't.

- Slida has a larger play area (8x8; Sliders is 5x5) making it easier to set up combos.

- Sliders focuses more on making chain reactions, as new pieces fall in from the top when matches are made.

- Slida doesn't have chain reactions and new pieces appear where matches left a hole, so the strategy is more about setting up large matches in the fewest moves.

Mitch (of Gnizama) E-Mailed me today to let me know of some new features in Sliders though:
So, at least temporarily, Sliders currently has the advantage of being half the price.
I just posted an update with details about 1.4, and a bit of a sneak peak as to what we have planned for 1.5.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...3&postcount=46

Last edited by gnizama_Mitch; 03-30-2009 at 03:52 AM.