★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Snowball Touch

03-20-2009, 01:40 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Snowball Touch

See for yourself.

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-20-2009, 01:46 AM
I kind of think it looks pretty cool, and while it uses maze which is similar to Edge, I don't think it's an Edge ripoff. In fact, it has more elements similar to Sokoban and Robo.

03-20-2009, 04:58 AM
I cannot see any similarities between this and Edge.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
03-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Similar, very similar but some of the gameplay elements aren't the same. If you could roll the snowball-guy over blocks then yeah it'd be pretty obvious it's a rip-off.

Perhaps Edge was an... inspiration?

"When the going gets tough, the tough buy new iPhone apps"
Currently playing: Wolfenstein 3D, Wolfenstein 3D, and uhh WOLFENSTEIN 3D!!
03-20-2009, 12:43 PM
That actually looks pretty fun i might pick this up if it releases at a reasonable price

its not really an edge rip off imo, but i never played the full version of that game

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
03-20-2009, 01:05 PM
That actually looks rather enjoyable. Didn't much remind me of edge except for the fact that it's an isometric maze you roll around in -- but the same can be said for a lot of games.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-20-2009, 01:50 PM
This game looks awesome! I can't wait for it to come out! When is it coming out? ps it's nothing like Edge!
03-20-2009, 02:31 PM
when there are 1000's of games it's not going to be uncommon to see games that are similar in visual style, map style and control.

You never know, they have could have started this way before edge. Or maybe it was similar, edge came out, and they've used some of the bits of edge that work really well (say, holding down finger to continue movement...)

There were tons of isometric cube based games before edge
03-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseTreeRobot View Post
when there are 1000's of games it's not going to be uncommon to see games that are similar in visual style, map style and control.

You never know, they have could have started this way before edge. Or maybe it was similar, edge came out, and they've used some of the bits of edge that work really well (say, holding down finger to continue movement...)

There were tons of isometric cube based games before edge
I looked on the devs website, and it says he started the game nearly a year ago, before the app store even opened, but ran into various hindrances that greatly slowed production...I'm guessing that is long before edge development began

For those interested, the website is buzzabit.com

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

Last edited by Fletch; 03-20-2009 at 02:47 PM.
03-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Absolutely nothing like Edge whatsoever. But it does look it could be an awesome game when it's released! Nice find.

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox