★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ian Lloyd
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Pleasant Skies is a new Apple iPhone and iPod Touch game brought to you by Brian Hagan and Ian Lloyd.

Help the Pleasant Skies airline seat their passengers before the doors close in this simple to play, hard to master game. Every passenger has a preference for where they sit executives in the aisles, grandpas by the windows so its your job to satisfy everyone. Or do your best!

New airports with intriguing passengers and brand new challenges will be released all through 2011!

Pleasant Skies starts in New York with 12 passenger types, 9 airplanes, and 40 puzzling challenges total. Best of all, whenever new airports are opened, Pleasant Skies owners get a sneak peak at the easiest puzzles for free!

Our first airport, Shanghai, is now open for the New Year. And to celebrate, we've translated the game into both Simplified and Traditional Chinese.

Pleasant Skies integrates with Apples Game Center so you can compare your scores with your friends.

So please, put your tray tables up and your seats in the upright, locked position as Pleasant Skies is taking off soon!

ian.w.lloyd's comments:
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to drop a line about Pleasant Skies, a newly released indie game my good friend and I have developed for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It's a simple to learn, difficult to master puzzle game where you take on the role of an overworked, underpaid flight attendant and work to seat passengers in the best, most pleasant arrangements.

Currently we have 40 puzzle levels with 12 different passenger types, for a dizzying level of difficulties. We plan to add more cities, more airplanes, and more passengers all through 2011.

We had three big goals in making this game:
1) Have fun
2) Make a fun game
3) Talk about it so others have a better idea of how to do it

Well, we nailed the first one, and the third one is pretty easy to do. But we need your (and everyone's!) help in taking the game to the next level. If you have any ideas or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear about it!

We're posting everything on our (iWeb & MobileMe supported, so please don't think too badly of our web design skills!) website - www.CaffeinatedAdventures.com.

The game can be found on the App Store here.

And just until the next update moves its way through Apple's review process, you can read a quick how-to-play guide at http://www.caffeinatedadventures.com...w_to_Play.html

Thanks for reading, and be sure to come fly the Pleasant Skies!

Ian L., one of the game developers
01-11-2011, 02:42 PM
New airport: Shanghai!

Hello all!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I figure its best to keep everything about this game in one spot.

We've just released a new update for Pleasant Skies - a fresh new airport in Shanghai! With 12 completely new passengers and 40 challenging levels, it adds a twist on the original puzzles! The theme is the Chinese New Year festival, this February, so you'll meet dumpling makers, lantern crafters, and even a scary Nian.

And to celebrate the new year, we've also translated the game into Simplified and Traditional Mandarin!

Just like last time, free promo codes for the first 10 people to message me!

Ian L., one of the game developers